first time on HIT

firedawg0108

Awards
Hey everybody this is going to be my first time training HIT style and also full body workouts. From what ive read this seems to be great for stimulating new growth and should be a nice change from the 5 day splits ive been doing for years.

Current stats:
height:6'2
weight:220
bf: around 10-12% (abs slightly visible)
waist:36"
chest:45"
arms:17"

goal is mostly a recomp, would like to be around 8%

the routine ive come up with is just going to be fasted cardio for 45 min every morning then m,w,f full body workouts with different movements each day. i was also considering the m,t,t,f DC-style split, has anyone found this to be more effective in overall growth? any tips/comments would be great

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hey everybody this is going to be my first time training HIT style and also full body workouts. From what ive read this seems to be great for stimulating new growth and should be a nice change from the 5 day splits ive been doing for years.

Current stats:
height:6'2
weight:220
bf: around 10-12% (abs slightly visible)
waist:36"
chest:45"
arms:17"

goal is mostly a recomp, would like to be around 8%

the routine ive come up with is just going to be fasted cardio for 45 min every morning then m,w,f full body workouts with different movements each day. i was also considering the m,t,t,f DC-style split, has anyone found this to be more effective in overall growth? any tips/comments would be great
Just a note, if Abs are slightly visible I would guess BF would be a little higher than just 10-12. At that range Abs are almost completely visible.

ihateschoolmt

Awards
If you are cutting 3 full body workouts are probably fine. I would build them around the 3 big lifts with whatever accessory movements you want. I like HIT training, I could probably help you a lot more if you posted a sample routine. Also I agree with that other guy, my body fat is about 10% in my avatar so you are probably a little higher.

firedawg0108

Awards
I was planning on an A,B,A schedule like this:

Workout A:
Decline bench press
Squat
Lat pulldowns
DB Arnold press
Barbell curls

Workout B:
Deadlift
Incline press
Cable rows
Tricep pulldowns or overhead extensions
leg extensions

Any modifications you would suggest?

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I was planning on an A,B,A schedule like this:

Workout A:
Decline bench press
Squat
Lat pulldowns
DB Arnold press
Barbell curls

Workout B:
Deadlift
Incline press
Cable rows
Tricep pulldowns or overhead extensions
leg extensions

Any modifications you would suggest?
Lat pulldowns = chins
arnold press= i would make military just out of my own preference
no tris on first day= dips

cable rows= pendly rows or dumbbell rows
tricep push down= tate presses or skull crushers
leg exts = leg press or bulgarian squats
shoulders today= push press or dumbbell military (straight back not the incline stuff people pass as military)

I train very very heavy fully body 3x a week (plus kung fu) so I love full body. My journal has tons of ideas. Especialy the last week workouts where i totally modified my routine