DC Training anyone ?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear very good stuff about DC training, who is doing it ?

I'm gonna do it too, so I have some questions

I heard you only do one set of heavy weights till failure so lets say im doing 90lbs for bicep curls and after 10 I get exhausted and put the weight down, how many minutes do I wait and rest ? how many times do I need to rest pause this ?

thanks

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
about 15-25 seconds between rest-pauses, rest-pause two times (so lift, pause, lift, pause, lift)

It's all on Dante's website and Intense Muscle.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
That is kind of close.

Go to intensemuscle.com and start reading....

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
huh and that works :0 ? lol people say it works better than the old school lifting style

what if you are on the juice? I dont see pros doing this

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exhibit A: David Henry

You're not a pro; taking the advice of the elite is something that you have to take with a grain of salt because they are genetically predisposed for success. Some of the best professionals out there have made for some of the bad coaches (e.g. Wayne Gretzky).

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
huh and that works :0 ? lol people say it works better than the old school lifting style

what if you are on the juice? I dont see pros doing this
Yes, it works.

And if you are on the juice? Well, it will probably work 2x as well.

I was a non believer as well, after two weeks of training like this I will probably never switch out.

1- You are in and out of the gym in a heartbeat
2- You are training your muscles to absolute exhaustion
3- You have a lot of extra free time with these
4- You grow like a beast, a lot due to the extreme stretches as well
5- You see constant improvement as you are always pushing to increase either weights or reps; never stagnant.

You only have to gain from DC. But do not forget the static holds and extreme stretches, they are a fundamental part of the DC training as well. You may think that 3 sets for each body part is nothing but believe me, with only a 10 breaths break by the time you reach your 3rd and last set you should be real happy if you can perform 3 reps...

There is a pretty good read on DC training on some websites. Google "doggcrapp training" and check out the second link, it's pretty useful and explains a lot of it.

I have added to my DC training a widowmaker for my arms workout just because I feel like they were lagging behind. Let me tell you, you REALLY get to exhaustion on DC training. Yesterday I did triceps. Had a Cable Triceps Pushdown set. Did the set with 190lbs, 8 reps first go. 5 reps second go, 2 reps for the last set. So I went on about doing my widowmaker, I dropped the weight down to 100lbs, so basically cut it in half, and yet I couldn't go past my 11th repetition. If that's not to exhaustion I really do not know what is.

So believe in the system and do everything as it is explained and it is absolutely, in my opinion, the best workout one could ever do.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Exhibit A: David Henry

You're not a pro; taking the advice of the elite is something that you have to take with a grain of salt because they are genetically predisposed for success. Some of the best professionals out there have made for some of the bad coaches (e.g. Wayne Gretzky).
Bingo

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried DC for quite a while and in the end had to give up because even while being on, I couldn't recover fast enough to hit body parts again in time week after week. So i'd skip a day here and there, and thats with taking 1-2 weeks off every 8 weeks

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's pretty funny how my last blast lasted a good 12 weeks before I took a week and some off. Now I'm into this new blast, and in my 3rd week I'm beginning to feel pretty burnt out. Of course I've been cutting for a while, too, so that might have something to do with it. I'm considering doing a cycle, but I would like to hold off as long as possible first.

Sweekaters

Awards
I've done a heavily modified version of it for 6 months. Absolutely love it.

A
Deadlift 5/3/1
Yates row 15 rep RP
decline smith bench press 15rep RP
Shoulder width underhand pulldown 15 rep RP
Push press 15rep RP + 2x2 DB gorilla press each arm
Decline barbell crunch

B
Squats 3x5 +2x2
leg curl 15 rep RP
Tricep work 15 rep RP
bicep curls 15 rep RP