Routine change - Phil Hernon's or BBB?

fredh da star

fredh da star

Awards
Ok guys i'm thinking about changing my workout routine into either any variation of Phil Hernon's routine or Big Beyond Belief.

I have/will eat 4000 calories per day (haven't eaten much or trained for a week, battling a throat infection, but i hope i'm fresh and recovered come monday)

I sleep about 6-8 hours a night

Focusing on mass gain, weighing about 205lbs atm

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Phil Hernon's routine: 3 sets per bodypart, 5/10/15 reps, 3x a week comes in two variations

6 days a week
Days 1,3,5 - Chest - Back - Bicep - Calf
Days 2,4,6 - Shoulders - triceps - quads - abs

3 days on, 1 day off
Day 1 - Chest/back width/back thickness/calves
Day 2 - Legs/abs
Day 3 - Shoulders/biceps/triceps
Day 4 - off
Repeat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Beyond Belief : Level One Training 4x a week version

Monday: Back, Chest, Biceps, Calves
Tuesday: Delts, Triceps, Thighs, Abs
Thursday:Back, Chest, Thighs, Delts, Calves, Biceps, Triceps
Saturday: Thighs, Chest, Back, Delts, Calves, Triceps, Biceps

Sets per bodypart changes throughout the training cycle, but ranging from 3 to 5 sets per session. Delts and Arms being the exception, ranging from 1 to 3 sets per session

Reps are different depending on which day and week, same as rest

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally i think BBB seems a bit complicated after reading the e-book, and i think Phil Hernon's routine would be easier for me to focus on progressive overload with.

People seem to have gotten great results on both of these regimen's, so i'm a bit torn about which one i should choose.

Which routine would you recommend me doing based on the info i've given you (as far as nutrition and sleep goes, since i guess that impacts recovery ability)

fredh da star

fredh da star

Awards
bump, if you don't find either of them any good please recommend me a better routine

ihateschoolmt

Awards
I wouldn't work out 6 days a week unless your on cycle. I have never heard of either of those routine so I don't know exactly what they say to do but I am assuming you are relatively new to lifting so I would suggest keeping it a little more simple and just build a routine around some basic compound movements. Those routines seem overly complicated with a lot of volume to me.

fredh da star

fredh da star

Awards
I wouldn't work out 6 days a week unless your on cycle. I have never heard of either of those routine so I don't know exactly what they say to do but I am assuming you are relatively new to lifting so I would suggest keeping it a little more simple and just build a routine around some basic compound movements. Those routines seem overly complicated with a lot of volume to me.
Yeah well it would be awesome if you could recommend a routine for me, i'm kinda at a loss and confused and always looking for the "perfect" routine