damaged right arm... now what

P

protoculture

Awards
fell on it during a game of ball hockey...don't know how exactly, tripped over some legs and hit the ground hard on my right side. Arm was pretty Fup ... great... things were going really well doing clean & jerks, deads etc... anyway. How can I approach my workouts until it is fully healed?

Guy at gym said I would get out of balance working out left side only.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
is it "hurt" or is it "injured"?
Anything broken? Sprained?

Go see a Dr. and see what is really wrong...take it from there.

D

drvinnybombat

Awards
Did you sprain your wrist/elbow/shoulder or what? Is it just scraped and bruised?

P

protoculture

Awards
Saw a kinesiologist.... major brusing under forearm. Rotational movement is limited, cannot fully extend or retract arm. imagine you were doing a tricep pushup and having it rammed back into your body, that's basically what happened I think.

I dont think anything is broken.

Basically I landed flat on side, so bit of wrist, forearm, bicep and shoulder impact. I hit hard.... but the major damage seems to be around forearm, elbow area.

D

drvinnybombat

Awards
Assuming this is a contusion and nothing else, then you can grind through the pain and not make it worse. Personally, I would just wait for the pain to die down; it won't take that long. Good time to take a week off from intense lifting and do some cardio and stretch out the best you can. A week off from the weights helps you bust plateaus anyway.

I've played soccer with contusions, and no matter how many times you convince yourself that you are not injuring yourself further, it just plain sucks.

P

protoculture

Awards
No way I could put any weight on it right now. That would be too painful. But I'm a wimp when it comes to pain.