Marine Corps Boot Camp and Muslce Memory

jrampage03

Awards
Im leaving for Marine Corp Boot Camp in a month and I know for sure I am going to lose an insane amount of muscle there. When I get back from boot camp how long do you guys think it would take for me to get my muscle mass back? Ive also gone through one cycle of Hydretest

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Nobody can really give you the answer to that question. We're all different.

We don't even know your stats.

Train hard, and get your rest. AND EAT, for mass. You'll be back, and bigger, before you know it.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

Smith402

Awards
I lost ALOT of muscle mass when i joined the army durring bootcamp the food was terrible at our DFAC and proper nutrition was impossible, you cant pcik and choose we had alot of fried foods, cornbread,lasagna, chili mac stuff like that my basic training was down south so alot of the food was southern foods and you cant eat 5-6 meals a day you only get 3 meals and 2-3 min if that to eat everything and millitary PT is based around endurance and long runs, when i got out of basic and AIT looking like a concentration camp victim hahahaha

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
I lost ALOT of muscle mass when i joined the army durring bootcamp the food was terrible at our DFAC and proper nutrition was impossible, you cant pcik and choose we had alot of fried foods, cornbread,lasagna, chili mac stuff like that my basic training was down south so alot of the food was southern foods and you cant eat 5-6 meals a day you only get 3 meals and 2-3 min if that to eat everything and millitary PT is based around endurance and long runs, when i got out of basic and AIT looking like a concentration camp victim hahahaha
In other words, YOU'RE SCREWED!!!

Haha jk man, I would say muscle atrophy due to something like boot camp where you'll be doing insane amounts of cardio and body-weight exercises will be significantly less than sitting around in an office or on the couch...

Look at guys in prison... They eat pretty similar to what was listed above and a lot of the time they'll come out looking 10x better than they did going in.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Been there, done that. You will lose weight in boot camp. Period. It's not what you eat, it's portion control. In other words, with 5 min to eat, no matter what they give you to eat, you won't have time to eat it all. After the required 1 full glass of water that the DI's will no doubt make you drink since it's summer, you need to pick and choose what you eat off your plate before time's up. I'd go for the most calorie dense foods available. Drink the mashed potatoes+gravy. Yes, that's right, drink it. Then drink some PB, and whatever protein you get.

After boot camp, you'll go to MCT or SOI, depending on if you're infantry or non-infantry. You don't get much time to eat there either, since it's either 2 wks or 6wks in the field eating MRE's. While MRE's are about 1200-1500 Cal each, and you get 3 per day, you'll get tired of the meals. You won't get time to hit the gym anyways.

After all that, if you're non-Infantry, you'll go to MOS school. THIS is where you'll have a ton of time to train and eat as much as you want at the DFAC buffet. If you're infantry, you'll ahve even more time on active duty. Since if you're not out in the field training, you're sitting in the barracks doing nothing, playing video games.

In short, you'll have no problem gaining back the weight once you complete boot camp and MCT/SOI. Welcome to the Corps!

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Eat a couple dbol's a day.. that'll keep the weight on you ;)

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Eat a couple dbol's a day.. that'll keep the weight on you ;)
Not worth doing ANYTHING while in, unless you want to pop a drug test, and get kicked out.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not worth doing ANYTHING while in, unless you want to pop a drug test, and get kicked out.
Not condoning the use of AAS at all...but you have to be specificaly tested for gear. A normal piss test will not test for anabolics as fyi.

Also you will lose weight in bootcamp it happens. My best advice to you is to use ranch on everything. Sounds retarded, but its packed full of calories.. I was one of the last to sit down during chow and managed to still eat all my food and have time to put ranch on just about everything. I lost 5 lbs in boot n that was it.

MCT is a diff story as you dont have ranch unless ur at the chowhall, and still we didnt have much ranch to use. I lost more weight in the three weeks at MCT then i did in boot.

Also like others have said, in MOS school you will be able to pick your meals better and workout a lot more. It took me maybe 4 months to get back and even better then where i was prior to the Corps.

Good luck, speed and intensity!

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Not condoning the use of AAS at all...but you have to be specificaly tested for gear. A normal piss test will not test for anabolics as fyi.
I know, but that is command dependent. Just be sure you know your unit before you start anything. As for sneaking gear into boot or MCT, that is just retarded.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know, but that is command dependent. Just be sure you know your unit before you start anything. As for sneaking gear into boot or MCT, that is just retarded.
Oh i definitely agree. Yea if you try to sneak gear into boot or MCT you should just not even be there!

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Would it be retarded if I snuck in some jack3d in a baloon in my ass??

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
good luck, ive been out for a bit but it was the most fun I never want to have again........
Or do I?
Some days I wake up and almost make that trip down to the prior service recruiter, but something usually stops me lol