HELP!! Need advice on training and my hernia!

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellow forum lurkers,
So here's the deal. I am 99% sure I have a periumbilical hernia (right above my belly button). It does not bother me, it does not hurt. I can however push it back in. It is about the size of a dime. I am gonna go have it looked at next week, but I have a few worries about if surgery is needed on it.
1. I am in my 2nd/14 week of a Test/Deca cycle.
2. How long will I not be able to train if I have this surgery??! I have heard anywhere from 2-6 weeks. I would be ok with 2-4 but 6 sounds like torture :whiner:

Few things I am considering:
-Finishing test/deca cycle and having the surgery then (if surgery is even recommended for it)
-Getting the surgery while I am on cycle, bumping test down to 250/week and deca to 200/week and hope I recover fast.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions???

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Wow..yet again reminded of why this forum ****ing sucks. I bet if my thread was titled "need advice for m-drol cycle" or "help I think I have gyno" I'd have 25 people who don't know what they are talking about giving bro science advice. Waste of time this forum is, note to anyone reading this: try checking out some forums where you can get legit advice from doctors, and pro bodybuilders instead of this joke of a forum.

kyoryoko

Awards
I have no advice for your test cycle, but I have the same type of hernia but it's towards the left and it pops out and bleeds. My doctor said I just have to not "strain". Donno how you train around that. I figure the best way to do this is to only train with machines until you feel you can train w/o aggravating it.

If, you inject your test there.. then I have no idea what to tell you... I've never injected, ran a couple PH cycles, actually my last Hdrol cycle I just sucked it up, trained with a belt on and sucked it in on every exercise. Good luck~

Ession

Awards
Wow..yet again reminded of why this forum ****ing sucks. I bet if my thread was titled "need advice for m-drol cycle" or "help I think I have gyno" I'd have 25 people who don't know what they are talking about giving bro science advice. Waste of time this forum is, note to anyone reading this: try checking out some forums where you can get legit advice from doctors, and pro bodybuilders instead of this joke of a forum.
Heh I wish I could help you. Unfortunately I know nothing on the topic....but yeah, this site is mainly for AAS/PH use....or for supplement companies to peddle their products.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have had 3 inguinal hernias. I personally, at two weeks into your cycle, would either call it quits(you aren't even shut down yet) and start back up later or drop to a LOW dose(50 mg every 5??). If you are getting it repaired, you are not even going to want lift for at least 10 days(you wont even want to sneeze, laugh, take a crap, sit up, or give it to your old lady) and it will be another 10 before you should even go near any kind of rep range that would build any size or strength. Think if you dumbell press with 105, you would likely grab the 55s for reps of 20 so you dont have to flex your abs that have recently been cut into and your intestines stuffed back inside. 6 weeks according to Doc's is definently pushing it though for an avid lifter, 3 weeks of relaxing and you should be able to start going heavier. Of course these are all my own personal experiences and a different area hernia(inguinal is left or right of the pubic bone)