how effective are cardio & fat burners on a recomp?

cvs766

Awards
i'm gonna recomp soon because i don't like to all-out cut, but i've never actually done a recomp before...i get the basic premise, but i've been wondering how effective are cardio and fat burners to lose fat when you're eating at maintenance? i just can't see myself losing fat while eating normal

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm gonna recomp soon because i don't like to all-out cut, but i've never actually done a recomp before...i get the basic premise, but i've been wondering how effective are cardio and fat burners to lose fat when you're eating at maintenance? i just can't see myself losing fat while eating normal
You don't recomp at Maintenance - at Maintenance you don't gain or lose either fat or muscle, but stay the same.

If you want to recomp, make sure that you get your NUTRITION manipulated perfectly for YOU, since your success (or lack of it!) is going to depend primarily on your NUTRITION!

I lose bodyfat when eating "normally" (well, "normal" for me - which is generally "overeating" and "cheating" for everyone else).

Cardio is always good to add in, even if only for the cardiovascular benefits. It can also help in creating caloric deficit, instead of creating that deficit by lowering calories.

Fat burners are not just useful for fat loss, and in fact many fat burners have properties other than fat loss effects, providing benefit for recomping and bulking as much as during fat loss. I actually use "fat burners" all the time as staples, but not for the fat loss benefits, but other properties such as nutrient repartitioning, mental focus, energy, etc.

In the end, no one cal tell you what is going to be best for YOU re training and supplementation for recomping. You will have to learn through experimenting with various methods and products. The one thing you need to look at and get right first and foremost though, is your NUTRITION. Lay your foundations, get the basics of what you're doing sorted, and then, and only then, consider anything extra.

~Rosie~

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Rosie is the sh**

Mafesto31

Awards
Clean up your eating habits and focus on food intake timing while hitting the weights hard and doing sprints/hill sprints. it can be done.