Is growing any larger realistic for you still?

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I guess I'm asking this because of the point I've gotten to with bodybuilding. I dont think i can realistically grow any larger than I am without living like a zombie and doing some extreme stuff. I've just come to a point where I think this is it, and all I can really focus on now is quality and trying to get leaner. But the size game is over for me, I've tried just about every training system there is, and HIT is working very well for me right now but after years and years of similar measurements/bodyweight I think this is it. I think I'm done with the Yo-yo stuff and the extreme 10 wks of this, or 12 wks of that. Its tough to be in this position because its like, unless your dieting and getting really defined how the hell do you stay as motivated?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
IMO the epitome of this game is when you reach the point where all you have to do is maintain.

I'm not one who's into huge mass though... i'd rather be cut up any day

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya man! It gets harder and harder as the years pass. The only way I stay motivated is because I have been doing it for so long that its very much part of my life. 5'8" @237 I would think you would be happy and content with that! If thats you in ur avi your back looks like a cobra man! I think you just need some positive words and encuragement to keep pushing on. If your competitive I can understand your concern, but if not I think you have done very well for yourself. You need to surround yourself with positivity and those who support you. Best of luck man and I hope all works out for you in the long run!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I feel ya man! It gets harder and harder as the years pass. The only way I stay motivated is because I have been doing it for so long that its very much part of my life. 5'8" @237 I would think you would be happy and content with that! If thats you in ur avi your back looks like a cobra man! I think you just need some positive words and encuragement to keep pushing on. If your competitive I can understand your concern, but if not I think you have done very well for yourself. You need to surround yourself with positivity and those who support you. Best of luck man and I hope all works out for you in the long run!
Thanks for the kind words bro. Yea thats me in the avy, my back is my best bodypart though. I guess thats why I still plan to compete, I'm not trying to go anyplace with it but its just the goal I need to try and be at my best. Frikken sucks, I feel like I'm getting old. I'm turning into that guy who just wants to run a couple iu's of GH, some primo, and HRT and be healthy. hahaaha, DAMMMNNNN!!!!! I sound old now

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
HAHA! I think that way every now and again. You may be getting old but your humble. If I could have known what I do now when I was about 10yrs younger... Theres nothing wrong with thinking that way. Thats life man! I believe you have it in you and you will do well in competition. I never plan to compete but I have much respect for those who do. It takes a LOT for someone to have the discipline and passion to get on stage.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I pretty much feel that way. I'm 32...been at it for 18 years now, and have been at my genetic potential for a few years now. Yes, I can push it 110% for a couple weeks...and put on a few extra pounds, but my body takes a beating, and my joints get torn up, and I can never hold on to those few extra pounds...I always drop back down to about 195. Right now I am at one of those special times and am holding a solid 200, and stronger than ever...but I can already feel it taking a toll. I just hope I can hold on to it until the NAS Nationals.
DH

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I look forward to that day ;)

It makes the focus so much more about symmetry, bringing up lagging muscle groups and just focusing on having the look of perfection.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always good to have some goal or objective when exercising...even if the major one is to look good, its best to set "performance' objectives along the way.

Personally, all my training is directed toward speed (100-200m) and muscular/joint balance and health. So, putting on 20 pounds of muscle is probably not going to make me faster....but improving my power clean and squat will.

Br