Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Incline Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Lunges: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Upright Rows: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Skull Crushers: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Calf Raises: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Crunches: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Get A Printable Log Of The Hypertrophy 2 Workout.

Workout B:

Last edited:

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to say I do this t/th/s and I alternate between tue two back and forth

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as you're hitting each muscle group you'll be fine. I like lifting 5 days a week but I'm a freak work out addict. If you feel like you're getting results with that program and you enjoy it you should be good to go.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
As long as you're hitting each muscle group you'll be fine. I like lifting 5 days a week but I'm a freak work out addict. If you feel like you're getting results with that program and you enjoy it you should be good to go.
I'm the same way too! I workout 6 times per week and I go hard. I've said it before and I'll say it again, over-training is overrrated in my opinion. As long as I'm getting enough rest and eating right, I'll work a bodypart hard twice a week.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
But am I underworking? I trying lose fat. Which is all my diet which includes lots of pbj sandwhiches... Cuz I'm always pressed for time working full time and school...

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
But am I underworking? I trying lose fat. Which is all my diet which includes lots of pbj sandwhiches... Cuz I'm always pressed for time working full time and school...
It all depends on you as an individual. If you're gaining on what you're doing, then keep at it. If you're only eating PB&J sandwiches, your diet obviously isn't on point and you're probably not getting all the nutrients you need, thus leaving you more susceptible to overtraining.

In my opinion though, yes, you're not working enough. Everyone differs though so for you it might be enough?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Well diet isn't just pbj haha I do wraps alot... Which I know sucks... Lunchmeat etc... But I'm trying.. Maybe I'll throw in a cardio/arms only day...

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been doing that routine?

Are you moving toward/reaching your goals? (growing/getting stonger etc)

The answers to those questions might help you answer yours.

Personally, I like to hit each muscle group (with the exception of abs/calfs) once per week. 3-5 excercises per muscle group. 3-4 sets per excercise increasing weight each set.

I hit the muscle group hard too. On my compound/staple lifts (squats, leg press, chest press, shoulder press, deads, etc) I need a spot for the last couple reps of the last set everytime.

I like giving my muscles a hard w/o (basically till failure) and a full week of recovery time.

Hrdgainer7

Hrdgainer7

Awards
Nutrition is key. Especially if your pressed for time and can't work out as much as you would like. Are you taking any protein powders, meal replacement powders, multi vitamins, etc?

If you take in a higher percentage of protein vs. carbs in your diet this will help you lean out.

If fat loss is your goal right now add a decent amount of cardio and/or increase the reps to 15 and lower rest time in between sets to about 30-45s.

I was always pressed for time in college. So for me maintaining was the main priority. I usually did 3 to 4 days a week and I would try to hit each muscle twice a week.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ya this routine is kinda like a full body 3 times a week donor should work. My goals are to be 190lbs at 10% fat... Now I'm 200lbs at 15-17%

I thinking my diet is somewhat better than an average lifter...

Hrdgainer7

Hrdgainer7

Awards
Honestly then man, if fat loss is your main goal right now I would keep the workout the same but throw some cardio in 2 to 3 days a week. Just stay away from sugar as much as possible, and limit your fat intake to about 10% of your total calories.