Injured my shoulder

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I trained my shoulders REALLY hard this week...too hard it would seem. My right shoulder in the front where the Humeral Head and Glenoid come together (at least it feels like that) is hurting. So is the Clavical in a more general achy way. Then when I try to do curls for example I feel pain down my arms like something is encroaching on my Brachial nerves. Maybe its the cuff?

Any thoughts about what I should be doing, or not for that matter? Thanks for any help you can provide!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I trained my shoulders REALLY hard this week...too hard it would seem. My right shoulder in the front where the Humeral Head and Glenoid come together (at least it feels like that) is hurting. So is the Clavical in a more general achy way. Then when I try to do curls for example I feel pain down my arms like something is encroaching on my Brachial nerves. Maybe its the cuff?

Any thoughts about what I should be doing, or not for that matter? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Ice, ibuprofen, and rest for a few days to see where you're at.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Yes ice it or maybe heat. Just remember ibuprofen does hinder muscle gains from what i've read. but ibuprofen will remove the inflammation

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It sounds like a infraspinatus issue. I posted on another thread about how an injury to the IS will commonly radiate down the arm.

Yes ice it or maybe heat. Just remember ibuprofen does hinder muscle gains from what i've read. but ibuprofen will remove the inflammation
Chronic oral ibuprofen will. Taking it once in a while for serious pain won't effect it much.

Make or get an ibuprofen topical rub. And use a dixie cone to ice the area. If it persists, see an ortho.

Br