Recommend This Body Fat Tester??

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I just bought the same exact one on amazon. They work well. I've been using them on clients for years. They give you a general idea of someone's body fat. I find that they tend to be within 3% of what a pinch test would show. Pinch tests are more accurate in healthy to low body fat individuals but this hand held device would be more accurate in a overweight to obese individual because it could be hard to impossible to get to the muscle on a pinch test.

anoopbal

Awards
Hand held are segmental body fat analyzers. They only measure upper body. The equations used in these are not really valid. But you just need something which can give you reliable measurements. So they are fine.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hand held are segmental body fat analyzers. They only measure upper body. The equations used in these are not really valid. But you just need something which can give you reliable measurements. So they are fine.
^^

And because hydration and electrolyte balance effects the conduction of the electrical impulse, to get reliable results ie: ones you can compare to gauge progress, you need to make sure you are measuring pre-workout and under similar hydration status.

Br