Do you do Arms with chest and back or separate?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How many of you do the old school style for arms, Chest + triceps, Back and biceps ??? or do you do arms another day separate from chest nd back?

Which one works better for you ?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have a separate arm day usually, but i mix it up. my reason is because u already lift bi during back and tri during chest. arms recover quickly....so why not have a separate day for them if ur schedule allows. my two cents

Ambitious.

Awards
seperate. usually try to work each group seperately so i can go to failure.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have a separate arm day usually, but i mix it up. my reason is because u already lift bi during back and tri during chest. arms recover quickly....so why not have a separate day for them if ur schedule allows. my two cents
could you overtrain doing that ? give your arms 2 3 days rest vs a whole week ??

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many of you do the old school style for arms, Chest + triceps, Back and biceps ??? or do you do arms another day separate from chest nd back?

Right now I'm doing the push/pull routine but I do like hitting arms on their own day. I'm able to go heavier as they are not spent from some of the back and chest exercises before getting to them.

It depends on the goal at the time. I change things up every so often though

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
seperate. usually try to work each group seperately so i can go to failure.
Ditto this. I like working each group on its own day, that way I can blast the muscle group to failure and train harder.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could you overtrain doing that ? give your arms 2 3 days rest vs a whole week ??
i dont think so....my arms keep growing. they recover very quickly. try it and see what happens.

Mon - chest
Tues - Back
Wed - OFF
Thurs - Legs/accessory shoulder
Fri - Arms
Sat - OFF
Sun - OFF

i dont do shoulders cause my shoulders are already well developed and i get sore from my chest.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I have been using full body routines and training different movements more so than actual body parts and I am growing much better. I don't really even train arms besides some very high rep sets just to help keep them from getting injured

Omega

Omega

Awards
i think its silly to dedicate a whole training day to such a small muscle group like bi/tri and shoulders. those muscle groups are so small and if you are pressing correctly your triceps should get hit pretty hard. if you are using correct form, most often times your triceps fail you first on bench pressing. it'll depend somewhat on the grip but more times than not your triceps are the weakest link in the chain. when i used to train triceps i usually would hit them after chest since i felt they were warmed up from the pressing. i say when i "used" to train triceps because now im doing a strength program and dont do any sissy,., er,., isolation exercises. just the main lifts, heavy too. 5X5 and very basic.

this is the first time ive used a strength routine over size and ive made some good progress. my biceps get sore from rowing and my triceps get a lil sore from pressing. but so many things come into play and everyone is different so its really hard to say. you should try both ways and see how you respond then use that knowledge to make the right program for you at the time. for instance i noticed that when i trained my bi's and tri's seperately i was always worried about them being sore on chest or back day since sore/under-recovered triceps would affect my pressing and sore or un-recovered biceps would affect my pulling exercises. so that would always worry me. i wanted to be as fresh as possible for the bigger muscle groups.

hope this helps.

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established

Chest Tris Bis 2x a week

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've never done "old school" for my training, LOL.

I do Arms on a separate day than either Chest or Back.

My current split is:
Monday - Shoulders/Hamstrings
Tuesday - Arms/Abs
Wednesday - Cardio Only
Thursday - Back/Chest
Friday - Full-Body
Saturday - Cardio Only
Sunday - Day Off

I've also done training regimes with Chest and Back both on their own separate day.

As far as what works "best" - that depends on goals and needs at the time. Right now my current split is what is "best" for me at this time - hence, why it is my current training regime.

~Rosie~