How to buld left bicep to catch right

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

How to buld left bicep to catch right

I just noticed that my right bi was a higher peak then my right.Now how should i go about fixing this?I train bi's on tue and fri and am happpy with progress thats going on my w/o on tue is pull-ups 4/max,lat pull-downs(pronated)3/10,and seated rows3/failure i'll though in some bent-overs ect.for back then jump to standingb/b curls3/8,ez-bars3/8,standing hammers and twisting d/b curls on fri i start off with deads,pull-ups(close)and seated rows again for reps 3/10 then hit bi's with b/b preachers,ez-bars and twisting d/b curls for 3/8-3/10 .Should i do an extra set on left arm of something or more reps or more weight??

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

Don't know if this helps but im left handed(i guess thats a given)and i kickbox so im hitting harder with my left.Also it looks like my left is fuller?(longer)then the right so more peak on right and fuller or longer on left.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.18%

I am right handed and my left arm is a little bigger, tri and bi! Its also stronger, I am intrested in this also!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

I thought mybe because i use my left more it never gets to recover as much as my right.Now my left leg is alot bigger then my right.Go figure!Mybe i don't use my left arm as much as i think ,who knows just help me fix it up!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.86%

IM the same as the last two posters. I am right handed, but my left bicep looks fuller and has become stronger. My right bicep is more defined though.

I think its because when I am doing barbell/ezbar curls, my left has been weaker than my right, so it is lifting more weight, and therfore getting bigger.

One way you can also control its size is by putting in an extra set for your left arm on each exercise.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

Quote Originally Posted by CarterMalone View Post
    IM the same as the last two posters. I am right handed, but my left bicep looks fuller and has become stronger. My right bicep is more defined though.

I think its because when I am doing barbell/ezbar curls, my left has been weaker than my right, so it is lifting more weight, and therfore getting bigger.

One way you can also control its size is by putting in an extra set for your left arm on each exercise.
    Thats what i just did this friday,did a set of preacher curls with my left and did an extra couple reps when i was doing curls.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.89%

I've noticed when doing ez-culrs i feel it more in my right arm(pump)i even try to focus on left but doesn't help.Think with them im going to start lifting first (bringing up)with my left.Also might do dumbell curls with heavier weight on left.Somebody will fix us up!
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.7%

Truth I used to have this same damn problem lol. What I did was always up my reps on my left side by 4-6. and i still do this to this day . It worked for me, maybe it can for you.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'd do an extra set on the arm that needs it. I also think that using DB instead of barbell would help this problem.

On another note, it half seems relevant. Ive found a combo of chins, reverse preachers and incline dumbell curls and full body dips + pushdown superset smash on the size of your arms. I put a half inch on each arm in 3 weeks with this combo doing chins x3 then reverse preachers x3 on monday; chins + inlcine db x3 wedesday; then chins /reverse preacher x3 on friday etc. I do dips pushdown superset x3 each time. Works a treat.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

Your dominant arm is always going to have a better peak than your other, it's just genetics. Even Arnold in his prime, his right bicep had a fuller and better peak while his left bicep was longer.

Similar Forum Threads

1. anyone else catch the new THE ONE clone by CEL?
    By sanchezgreg18 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 05:25 AM
  2. Left Bicep Problems
    By powelson86 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
  3. Anyone catch the 87 countdown??
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 11:24 PM
  4. PCT Catch 22