Bicep Workout

B

burrisitcold

Awards
Lately I have been working biceps by themselves and doing 5-8 exercises (some of which only being supersets but I just threw a total out). Many workout plans I see have only 2 or 3 exercises listed. Would I be better off only doing a few and which of the few are most important for building overall mass rather than peak?

A

alpha chump

Awards
Imo 9 working sets is plenty!
They are only a small muscle group so they dont need much.

Best mass builders would be
Barbell curls
Db curls
Hammer curls

B

burrisitcold

Awards
Will start doing this next workout. I have felt as if im breaking down my bicep rather than building them and this would explain

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't do much for mine at all.

Olympic bar curls are the king. I don't bother with the EZ bar anymore. I like to hit some DB hammer curls, too. Sometimes I'll hit them on the preacher bench and work really slow and get a nice stretch and contraction. Underhand grip pullups (chinups) will work well for them (as well as your back), too.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I don't do much for mine at all.

Olympic bar curls are the king. I don't bother with the EZ bar anymore. I like to hit some DB hammer curls, too. Sometimes I'll hit them on the preacher bench and work really slow and get a nice stretch and contraction. Underhand grip pullups (chinups) will work well for them (as well as your back), too.
I just switched back to db curls. I don't seem to progress with the ez bar. I've been progressing with my hammer curls but have stalled big time on ez bar curls. I was progressing nicely on curls until I switched to the ez bar. So after 5 weeks of curling the same weight it's back to dumbbells. I can't flat bar curl it hurts my wrists.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I've been trained to only have one isolation exercise if needed. I do mostly compound and only incorporate isolation excersises for periodic muscle confusion. Lat pulldown works wonders on my biceps (reverse close grip)

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Imo 9 working sets is plenty!
They are only a small muscle group so they dont need much.

Best mass builders would be
Barbell curls
Db curls
Hammer curls

I agree. The only thing I would change is the straight DB curls to preachers. Thats just me personally, everyone is different.

Keep it simple, go heavy, do full reps.

Also, if you want bigger arms, work out your legs, that increase in weight bearing will make all your muscles want to grow. I have trouble adding size to my arms, and doing deadlifts and squats have made a huge difference for me.

F

firstmark

Awards
If you are going to do multiple exercises I suggest doing ones that are as different as possible from each other for biceps. So a one arm exercise, two arm exercise, and supination isolation work with bent arm, and maybe some static holding strength work.