Left palm sore after benching????

ChrisSurf

Awards
1st time this ever happened to me. Like 2-3 weeks ago after benching my palm was really sore, on that set it was like a normal day but only added 10lbs to the weight no biggie imo. Ever since then my hand has been bothering me, not as bad as before. But I've tried taking a break (actually happened right as I was switching to a 3 day a week plan), and haven't used the bench since then, been doing more compound exercises on machines. But even today I was doing dips on the machine, normal weights I use, and my hand started getting that sore pressure point feeling in the lower palm (just not as bad as before).

Not sure what I did, 10lbs is nothing I just threw it on for the last set on the bench that day, and form was fine. I didn't have my gloves with me that day so wondering if got an internal bruise or something? I can sometimes feel it when doing preacher curls now.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Nobody's had this happen? I saw some similar post on the BB board when searching. I must have pulled a tendon or something.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Man 50 views and nothing lol? I tried benching again and my left palm started hurting again, just not as bad as before. What's odd is it doesn't hurt at any other time, not even if I make a fist as tight as I can. Seems only when there is pressure (like the bar) on the lower palm??

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to help you because i did it with d/b presses yesturday only thing i think that caused it was didn't have a good grip and the handle pinched my skin with some meat with it and more or less pinched it.I don't know but i can still feel it!

bboyflash

Awards
This happens to me all the time whenever I warm up with too much weight, all you gotta do is take a few days off and take some sort of join supp....fish oiland or msm, also look at your grip, if you do false grip switch to regular....

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I always have pain in my palms when doing flies, always have. No matter what the weight. FLies is the only time I get the pain though.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with that, I heard it will make you go blind.:kidding:

ChrisSurf

Awards
Going to stick with the hammer machines right now, their good for compounding multiple muscle groups and my hand doesn't hurt. I didn't try the bench again, so maybe a week or two I will too make sure.

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
I get the same thing in my left palm/wrist area towards the end of each set that usually prevents me from squeezing out an extra rep or 2.

ChrisSurf

Awards
I get the same thing in my left palm/wrist area towards the end of each set that usually prevents me from squeezing out an extra rep or 2.
yeh it doesn't make sense, and it's only my left palm. My form is fine, I've tried different grips... doesn't matter. But it doesn't hurt on the machines, going to stick with them for a bit then try the bench again and see what happens.

It doesn't hurt any other time, not even with dumbells, though some exercises hurt but only after I had been on the bench.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Seems to feel better now, so may try benching again this week. On the seated dip machine it didn't really hurt anymore and that was the only other workout from benching that hurt my palm really in the same spot.

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
yeh it doesn't make sense, and it's only my left palm. My form is fine, I've tried different grips... doesn't matter. But it doesn't hurt on the machines, going to stick with them for a bit then try the bench again and see what happens.

It doesn't hurt any other time, not even with dumbells, though some exercises hurt but only after I had been on the bench.
Same thing here but switched it up today. Been wearing the valeo gloves with built in wraps for a while and did the same for my first set today. Had the same pain in the left palm area during the first set. Took off the gloves and just used Sheik wraps for the next 3 heavier sets and didn't feel the usual in the palm at all. Don't know if you wear gloves but if so try it without for a set just to see.