Critique my Routine?

1. Critique my Routine?

This is very rough, and I know it needs work. My overall goal is size, not strength. Specifically I need to work on biceps(they are lagging behind badly, arms are only 16.6, and tricep is making up a huge amount, more than it should) chest width, back (more width, than thickness, but both). I'll be running Halotest-25 50/50/75/75/75/100 while doing this.

Mon-back & traps
    4x10-15 Pullups
    4x10-15 Lat Pulldown Hammer Strength Machine
    3x8 Deadlift
    3x10 one armed DB rows
    4x10-15 seated cable rows
    4x10-15 shrugs

Tues-Chest
    4x10-15 flat bench
    4x10-15 incline db press
    4x10-15 dips
    4x10-15 cable flies

Wed-legs
    4x10 Hacksquats
    4x10 leg press
    4x10 leg curls
    4x10 calf raises

Thr-Biís & Triís
    Skullcrushers- 4x12 10 8 6
    Closegrips- 4x12 10 8 6
    Standing BB curls 4x12 10 8 6
    Hammer Curls 4x12 10 8 6
    Preacher Curls 4x12 10 8 6

Fri Shldrs
    4x10-15 seated Military Press do 4 sets, 8-16 reps
    4x10-15 side laterals
    4x10-15 rear delts
    4x10-15 upright rows

A few notes:
    Might lower volume on arms depending on how they respond.
    Going to alternate deadlifts every other week, I need a replacement exercise
    The leg workout looks weak, I know, but my legs have always responded extremely well to lower volume (they are 30inches atm).
    I also might move legs day to shoulders day if I need that Wednesday off.

I appreciate the help.

2. Add squats, box squats, and good mornings

3. I would switch your arms day with your shoulders day. That way your shoulder press won't suffer from an exhausted tricep.
    •   

4. Just a couple of things to mull over:

For deadlifts, I'd go even heavier than you're suggesting. It's such a great mass packing exercise, why waste it doing light weight for reps?

And modifying what first reply said, I would maybe rotate out hack squats and leg presses with other movements, or at least have them on hand and know you have them at your disposal if/when you burn out on doing those other 2 movements. I personally wouldn't have 2 machine leg movements unless you're experienced enough to know you're using the right range of motion every time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDrew77 View Post
    I would switch your arms day with your shoulders day. That way your shoulder press won't suffer from an exhausted tricep.
    Yeah, I've ran a split like the poster has before and found that my tricep felt real weak on my shoulder presses. However, and maybe it was me, when I switched the two I didn't really find any difference. This was when I was training with heavy weight/low rep range, though, and maybe it might make a difference with higher volume.

6. Okay, yeah I can definitely go heavier with the deadlifts, I actually prefer to. And I'll have to experiment with the shoulders triceps day, because I've done something similar, not with this much volume , and it never affected me. As far as other leg exercises, I'll just have to experiment, because like I said I'm not that interested in getting them bigger than they are. My main concern with this workout was number one biceps, and then chest width, and back width/thickness.

ALso, any suggestions on how long I should wait in between my sets?

Thanks for the help

7. Thanks, PM sent.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Yeah, I've ran a split like the poster has before and found that my tricep felt real weak on my shoulder presses. However, and maybe it was me, when I switched the two I didn't really find any difference. This was when I was training with heavy weight/low rep range, though, and maybe it might make a difference with higher volume.
    The split was set up like that so that I can do back early in the week, and than biceps later in the week, so the biceps have time to recover from back workout day, before I hit them hard on arms day

Similar Forum Threads

1. FNG looking for a critique on his routine
    By Marcus_D in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
  2. Please critique my new routine
    By Bile12345 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
  3. My routine...critique
    By knucks3man in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9