Will this be to MUCH! Bigger arms?

SlyCamaro

Awards
Hey guys, question about somthing I just started. I workout 5-6 days a week with 5 days of lifting( for about 3 years, lifting about 11 years total), one muscle a day and I hit it HARD! I wanted to get some more arm work... who dosnt want bigger arms! So this what I am trying, what do you guys think. To much or no?

Monday: Chest aprox 8-10 working sets, 8-10 reps/ 3 sets of tri's to end it!!!!

Tuesday: Back aprox 8-10 working sets 6-10 reps/ 3 sets of Bieceps to end!!!

Wend: Legs and abbs

Thurs: Off

Fri: I hit arms hard!!!!

Sat: Shoulders

Sun: Off

Oldnsweaty

Oldnsweaty

Awards
Looks like a good routine. Do it for as long as you are making gains. Once you start hitting plateaus consistently then change it up.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
or this

monday chest
tuesday back
wends off
thurs shoulders
fri arms
sat off
sun legs

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not too much at all. i do the exact same. arms recover quickly

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I think it will vary from person to person but if you see progress with that routine, I see no need to change it.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
If you hit your arms hard, your shoulder press on the following day may suffer due to exhausted triceps.... Id do shoulders before arms if thats the plan your going for...

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
you will not know it's too much until you try it for a while. listen to your body, it will tell you if it's too much. what might be too much for me might not be for you.

diegone

Awards
Wend: Legs and abbs

Thurs: Off

Fri: I hit arms hard!!!!

Sat: Shoulders

Sun: Off
I would change ARMS / SHOULDERS, don't do them in a row since you're using your arms for both. Mix it with legs.

Something like

Legs / Abs
ARMS
Off
Shoulders

For me LEGS / ABS is like an off day because I don't use my upperbody. Just my 2 cents!

SlyCamaro

Awards
That makes sence! Gonna have to rethink it, going to try for a few weeks at fist and then change it up. That might be good, and keep the body guessing.

jiberish

jiberish

Awards
or this

monday chest
tuesday back
wends off
thurs shoulders
fri arms
sat off
sun legs
Bit iffy about this one
You have the 3 heaviest workouts in a row.

I would split it something more like this
monday-off
tuesday- shoulders/abs
wednesday- arms
thursday legs
friday - off
sat- chest ( do some volume pumping tri work at the end maybe)
sun- back (do some volume pumping bi work at the end maybe)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
If you absolutely KILL it on your chest day and back day then your arms should grow no problem. Maybe a few ancillary exercise toward the end like you proposed to help take em to complete exhaustion.

There are several guys at my gym who don't lift their arms at all (hit compound lifts hard with some ancillary exercises) and have the most ridiculous arms i've ever seen.

Every once in a great while I'll throw in an arm day, but I do enough volume on my M/W/F workouts that it's usually not needed.

Volume x Heavy Weight = growth!!!