REP RANGES for Training! Best Article out there!

D

diegone

Awards
For all of you who wonder...

What's better HIGH REPS with LIGHT WEIGHT or LOW REPS with HEAVY WEIGHT?

Here's the best article I ever read about it, it explains in detail the difference of each exercise on your muscles and also how you need to make your own training program including every type for faster progress.

Take a look here: gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/rep-ranges.html

*COPY AND PASTE LINK IN YOUR BROWSER ADDRESS.

It sure helped me a lot! Let me know what you guys think.

Poll Question: Are you a BODY BUILDER or a POWER LIFTER?

O

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
There was an interesting article on this last month in MD. It basically said volume WITH as much weight as you can handle is the key to growth. It offers the best of both worlds - stimulation through repetition and shock through power. Personally, I just go as heavy as possible for 12 reps.

D

diegone

Awards
There was an interesting article on this last month in MD. It basically said volume WITH as much weight as you can handle is the key to growth. It offers the best of both worlds - stimulation through repetition and shock through power. Personally, I just go as heavy as possible for 12 reps.
I do the same as you, range of 8-12 reps is the best for size while getting strength as well. Low reps (3-5) is for power lifters, no size, lots of strength. And over 13 reps it's for muscle endurance basically. I'd incorporate in my workout some LOW reps mixed with 8-12 reps, therefore strength will build muscle faster when you do the 8-12 reps.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its basically the same thing ive been posting for the past 4 weeks on this forum

D

diegone

Awards
its basically the same thing ive been posting for the past 4 weeks on this forum
I see a lot of people wondering about this issue, so that's the best article I ever read, I understood everything right away!
I'm glad someone already took care, just my 2 cents.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rep range seems for most seems to be similar: 6-12 for size.
Now the question is how many sets/exercises per musclegroup per week is where it gets confusing and the fine line difference between hypertrophy stimulation and overtraining.

D

diegone

Awards
Rep range seems for most seems to be similar: 6-12 for size.
Now the question is how many sets/exercises per musclegroup per week is where it gets confusing and the fine line difference between hypertrophy stimulation and overtraining.
My routine is 4 sets for each exercise and about 4 exercises for the same muscle group, it works for me so far. Then I do like 2-3 more exercises for other related muscle group.

E.g.
Flat Bench 4sets x 8-12reps
Incline Bench 4sets x 8-12reps
Dips 4 sets x 8-12reps
Cable/Flies 4 sets x 8-12reps

And then for a related muscle group...
Triceps with EZ Bar 4sets x 8-12reps
Triceps cable machine 4 sets x 8-12reps

Depending on how tired I am and how pumped my muscles are I do more exercises or I just stop the workout, I try to stay in the 1hr- 1:20hr range.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
why do people keep looking for single answer. When it is constantly shocking your body with different things that gives good growth.
Agreed!!

And actually, growth doesn't occur in the gym, its a healing result of nutrition, and rest. We're just causing trauma in the gym. We're constantly looking for new ways to stimulate, and micro traumatize our muscle fibers, without over-working them.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why do people keep looking for single answer. When it is constantly shocking your body with different things that gives good growth.
exactly. there is no one set number. change it up often