Barbell Only.....

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I have an Olympic barbell, curl bar, hammer curl bar, power rack and a bench.

Any recommendations for barbell only routines?

I have been out of the game for about three to four months and have no gym membership.

ntornado

Awards
Awesome the best way to train!

There is plenty you can do man be creative.

Squats, Good Mornings, RDL, Lunges, Bench, BB Row, Shoulder Press, Skullcrushers, BB Curls, Horizontal Rows, BB Front Raises. Go heavy and put on some mass! Who needs machines plus at a gym the DB area is all taken by little girls working on their biceps anyway.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
thats pretty much all i have. search for my log here, i have my workout plan all mapped out.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine suggested I do Barbel Complexes recently, I've included them in my routine about three times so far and really like them. U could look those up and make up a set for yourself.

This is the way he described it to me
Another idea that is pretty good for fatloss and fitness is HIIT, this can be done as sprinting but also using the weights such as barbell complexes. Barbell complexes are basically a number of compound exercises performed 1 after the other and do not allow dropping the bar for a rest.

A simple complex could be:

8 reps deadlift
8 reps hang clean
8 reps shoulder press
8 reps back squat
8 reps front squat
8 reps Bent-over rows
Rest 2 mins, repeat sequence again. Do like 3 sets.

Weights only need to be light and of course are more challenging the highert he weight, of course you can only go as high as your weakest lift.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
Pick up a set of spinlock DB's at dunhams or a place like that. You can almost always find someone getting rid of standard 1"'plates. Somebody u know is probably got some sitting in their garage their wife would love to get rid of.

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
Awesome the best way to train!

There is plenty you can do man be creative.

Squats, Good Mornings, RDL, Lunges, Bench, BB Row, Shoulder Press, Skullcrushers, BB Curls, Horizontal Rows, BB Front Raises. Go heavy and put on some mass! Who needs machines plus at a gym the DB area is all taken by little girls working on their biceps anyway.
^^ that's all u need. Do some floor presses for benching if u want. I remember I used to have a duffel bag & i'd load it up with crap and superset squats and pushups while wearing it on my back.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
All great information.

I really like the idea of doing complexes. This is something I may do every other week.

I am a bit skeptical on my chest routine. I feel that incline bench, flat bench, push ups and barbell pull overs are not enough. Should this be enough or do I need more? I am not a rookie, just spent years in a gym where everything was in my reach!

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
All great information.

I really like the idea of doing complexes. This is something I may do every other week.

I am a bit skeptical on my chest routine. I feel that incline bench, flat bench, push ups and barbell pull overs are not enough. Should this be enough or do I need more? I am not a rookie, just spent years in a gym where everything was in my reach!
That's plenty for most people. If you are a competitive bodybuilder and need absolutely everything at your disposal then maybe you need more. If you are just someone who trains hard and wants to be big and strong then these exercises are plenty if you have a decent progression plan with enough overall volume to build size.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
check out craigs list in you local area under "sporting". you should find a plethora of item's in your area you can add into your Gym setup for cheap. Should get dumbells so you can add flyes. Also DB's will be helpful for your back day as well. I have several pieces at my place not and 80% of them are from CL. Last purchase was an olympic bench with bar and 300lb's of weight for 70.00 and while it was no where near a pristine set it was a great add of plates and I use the bar for t-Bar rows (since I had a very clean Olympic bar already). Gl!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
A door way pull up bar and a step box for box jumps and stuff are going to be my next new additions.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
A door way pull up bar and a step box for box jumps and stuff are going to be my next new additions.
Pull up bar would be great. I have beams that are low enough to attach a pull up bar.

ntornado

Awards
All great information.

That is more than enough if you ask me. Sure DB presses would be nice but you can be creative and easily get away with what you have. Go heavy rather than worry about all the little things.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
Pull up bar would be great. I have beams that are low enough to attach a pull up bar.
TJMaxx often have them cheap (12.99). If you have them around you at all. They just go in a doorway or closet opening. You can also use it for sit-ups/push up's

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
you reminded me of the article in crossfit about the garage gym. It's pretty interesting if you get the time to read it lol.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Incorporate a lot of the many oly lifts that are out there. Oly lifts IMO are the best you can do. Everything else is supplementation.

This link to the crossfit page will take you to a list of exercises and demo's w/ vids for ideas...

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
row, curl, bench, incline, squat, front squat, deads, straight leg deads, lunges, squat jumps. reverse curls, skull crushers, standing skull crushers, all various grips (close, middle, out)...etc

firstmark

Awards
You can do one arm things with the barbell too. One arm curls, one arm press, t bar one arm row. About the only thing you cant do is hammer curls that I can think of. One arm barbell work will work the grip and stabalizing muscles more though.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately I could not hack the lonely garage routine. I sold my equipment and signed back up with a gym. =)

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
it's more than doable, all I have are dumbbells bands and sandbags