Need some advice with lifting plan

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Im trying to figure out what for lifting routine to use to build a good bit of muscle and strengh i mainly need help with a split.Im recovering from overtraining so i know i cant just go all out for awhile.I really don't want to feel like this again.Only thing i thought of was mybe a 3day split doing a whole body.I overtrained by to much cardio lifting 7 days (7day was a 10x10or tire flipping)but i was also doing the cardio almost everyday.I plan on doing cardio 3days a week at first at 50-60%hr for 30-45min.to ease back into it.Any help be awesome.Lifting is my life and these two weeks are killing me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
deload and then give 5/3/1 a try is my suggestion

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am not sure I really read what you said right. I recommend flat out taking a week off, doing nothing and bearing the consequences of your actions while letting your body totally heal. Afterwards, try out something like the 5/3/1 program suggested by JJosh.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure I really read what you said right. I recommend flat out taking a week off, doing nothing and bearing the consequences of your actions while letting your body totally heal. Afterwards, try out something like the 5/3/1 program suggested by JJosh.
I did take 1 complete week off .Im on my second week now.I was going to do cardio 2-3 times this week very lite 50-60% 15min ,30,45 to get blood flowing.I just don't want to over do it with both.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Ya,i read that,i was one of those,i wanted advice from one's or anyone that has been where im at.I can train like a mad man with cardio or weights,i just don't know when enough is enough which is why im here now.I like that rush and feeling of achievement doing something that someone in better shape can do.This feeling of defeat sucks kaa kaa.Live and learn and start fresh and do it right this time that's why i need you's to help me,i refuse to go back to being the fat stinky kid i was in school!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do a four day split, 12 total sets per body part

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sometimes i do more than 12 sets. i need high volume. i will shrink if i do that total body crap or something. it works well for others, but not for me. anyways..

Mon - Chest (focus on upper chest)
Tues - Back (with deadlifts)
Wed - OFF
Thurs - Legs (squat, deads, front squat, leg press)/Shoulders
Fri - Arms

Ive done a high volume 4 day split since i started to work out. although, i will do the 5x5 once in a while to change things up. also, i never do the same exercises or reps two weeks in a row.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
sometimes i do more than 12 sets. i need high volume. i will shrink if i do that total body crap or something. it works well for others, but not for me. anyways..

Mon - Chest (focus on upper chest)
Tues - Back (with deadlifts)
Wed - OFF
Thurs - Legs (squat, deads, front squat, leg press)/Shoulders
Fri - Arms

Ive done a high volume 4 day split since i started to work out. although, i will do the 5x5 once in a while to change things up. also, i never do the same exercises or reps two weeks in a row.
Thanks,that sounds like it'll work good for me.I kinda ruled out full body for now.I like doing more of a split anyway.Im going to start doing kickboxing for my morning cardio(workout)but not fasted anymore.Nothing super intense just to finally enjoy something other then stressing going to the gym at 5:45am and rushing home to eat.Plus my test shouldn't drop like doing steady state for 45min.fat loss and stress relieve don't see how it can get anybetter!Mybe i'll actually build some muscle this time.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks,that sounds like it'll work good for me.I kinda ruled out full body for now.I like doing more of a split anyway.Im going to start doing kickboxing for my morning cardio(workout)but not fasted anymore.Nothing super intense just to finally enjoy something other then stressing going to the gym at 5:45am and rushing home to eat.Plus my test shouldn't drop like doing steady state for 45min.fat loss and stress relieve don't see how it can get anybetter!Mybe i'll actually build some muscle this time.
i hit the bags before and after my lifts as well.

and i HATE full body crap. alot of people like it though. ive tried many of the full body or upper/lower splits numerous times and actually lost weight and strength.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I just did some shadow boxing,kicking and had a good time!Only thing i just got a sony walkman(new kind)and the headphone wire drove me nuts!!gotta work on that.But that was the best cardio i've done in awhile(actually the only)can't wait till my free standing bag gets here.I use to do full body at home on a home gym but maxed it out in a few months.I could lift 150lbs all day long but put 10lb more on and i was done.So full body is out.