good workout for cutting weight

sampson15

Awards
hey i was trying to find a good cutting routine to lose 20lbs? I'm 25yrs old, I'm 5'9'',214lbs and i have 5 yrs workout exp. I haven't worked out in about two years and gain some weight but now I want to get back in shape? Thanks for the info!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey i was trying to find a good cutting routine to lose 20lbs? I'm 25yrs old, I'm 5'9'',214lbs and i have 5 yrs workout exp. I haven't worked out in about two years and gain some weight but now I want to get back in shape? Thanks for the info!
There is no such thing as a "cutting routine" - you're going to lose bodyfat no matter what kind of resistance programme you use, albeit better with heavier weights and low to moderate reps IMO.

As far as successful fat loss, look at your NUTRITION first, since it is going to be the PRIMARY factor in determining your success - or lack of it - in losing fat.

I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for more comprehensive information on nutrition and training for effective and successful fat loss (the article includes sample training programmes for a beginner and experienced trainee - since you have not trained in ~2 years, you would be starting back out as a "beginner").

~Rosie~

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Look up Martin Rooney and hurricane sets, his training for warriors has a solid program geared more towards mma contest prep. This will burn way more calories than a typical bodybuilding routine.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Look up Martin Rooney and hurricane sets, his training for warriors has a solid program geared more towards mma contest prep. This will burn way more calories than a typical bodybuilding routine.[/QUOTE

that focuses more on MMA training and ways to become more "fight" fit.
Awesome book though and it has eat regimes as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
muscle confusion is great for any goal you have also

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
I modified the hurricane workout and used it for years while training MMA. If done correctly and consistently it will tear the BF off. It is the most intense thing next to an actual fight that I've ever done.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I modified the hurricane workout and used it for years while training MMA. If done correctly and consistently it will tear the BF off. It is the most intense thing next to an actual fight that I've ever done.
I agree, I used it during my final summer to prep for football, used in conjunction with west side for skinny bastards III, I was in great shape.

jiberish

jiberish

Awards
Just don't buy into anyone telling you high reps of 20+ will help tone your muscles. If anything you need to keep going heavy to keep what muscle you have when lowering your cals