help me with front squats!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so I know front squats are important so i try to do them but it simply gets to the point where the pain is unbearable on my collarbones. I have very boney collarbones and if i fight through the pain i end up with horrible bruises n them for weeks.....any suggestions on ways to help this problem?

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
ok so I know front squats are important so i try to do them but it simply gets to the point where the pain is unbearable on my collarbones. I have very boney collarbones and if i fight through the pain i end up with horrible bruises n them for weeks.....any suggestions on ways to help this problem?
Build bigger front delts :147:

The bar shouldn't rest directly on your collarbone, it should be lying accross your front delts. Do you do them with cross-arms or do you hold the bar like you're going to military press? If you go cross-arm, you might want to try using one of those sqaut pad thingys that wrap around the bar. You might look a little sissy though, just giving you a heads up! :boobies:

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Incorrect holding pisition is often due to a lack of shoulder mobility. Make sure you warm up your shoulder joint and perform some mobility drills before you start FS.

Br

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea i do cross arm. Ive tried the bad as much as i didnt want to, but it causs the bar to start rolling forward which makes me lean forward which is a no no.......i guess ill just have to keep working on it. It never bothers my shoulders mobility wise, im likin the build bigger front delts right now lol

drofwarc

drofwarc

Awards
yea i do cross arm. Ive tried the bad as much as i didnt want to, but it causs the bar to start rolling forward which makes me lean forward which is a no no.......i guess ill just have to keep working on it. It never bothers my shoulders mobility wise, im likin the build bigger front delts right now lol
Elbows and chin/ head up bro!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmm thats interesting i may have to try that out.... i could still see the bar wanting to slip but its worth a shot thanks alot