Read The Statement the Agree or Disagree.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
[EDIT] Sorry guys the title was supposed to say 'read the statement AND agree or disagree' Tricky business typing on the IPAD :mad: [EDIT]

Not for me in particular but a close training partner, although I can at times relate. However we seem to slightly disagree on some things, what do guys think.

Known Physical Facts
22 Years Old.
4000+ clean calories everyday
Naturally high test. Last Readings show 650.
8+ Hours of sleep every night
Supplements include amino acids, multi and fishoil.

General Fitness Facts

I workout 6 days a week, I usually do a full body split such as shoulders,legs,chest,back or something similar. My average gym session is about an hour give or take. I always stay with compound exercises and always in the realm of 6-12 reps. I never feel sore the next day and I continue to slowly but surely make gains.

Statement

There is no way I'm over training cause lets face it: (a) I keep gaining (b) At my age I naturally can recover within 72 hours with adequate calories and sleep plus amino acids may even shorten this time period (c) I never feel sore or over worked.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then he's not overtraining. I lift twice a day, 4-5days a week, naturally, on 3800 cals a day right now and I'm not overtraining either. It's all about what you as an individual are capable of.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
As long as he's gainin', he's not overtrainin'! You'll know when you're in an overtrained state because your body will tell you. I remember back in high school when we'd train two-a-days and hit the weights.

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
It depends on a lot of variables. Not enough information to say for certain. He could be possibly over-training slightly, greatly, or not at all. Depending on the degree & duration, if any could determine how long he may be able to get persistent gains (which still is highly variable).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gaining and not sore?

You've got your answer.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At the moment, probably not.
Could you over reach and eventually over train without well programmed deload weeks, probably.

If you are really concerned, you may want to measure resting HR at the time of day under the same conditions for a week straight. Take an average.

If you start feeling the symptoms of over training, then take your HR again (same time/conditions) for a few days and see if a substantial increase exists. If so, then that is a sign you may be over training or on the verge of.

Br