Does sick time off = time off? - AnabolicMinds.com

Does sick time off = time off?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.

Does sick time off = time off?

Been sick as a dog the last few days, and just wondering what the opinions are.

Does the time I take off while being sick equal to just taking time off as far as recovery goes? Can I count this week off as my week off every few months?

I've just had a crazy bit of the flu. No vomiting or anything, just horrible cramps, sore joints, light fever, etc.

Feeling better today, but still light headed, and a bit off all around. I'm guessing I will be off until Monday at least.

Thanks!

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drivehard View Post
    Been sick as a dog the last few days, and just wondering what the opinions are.

Does the time I take off while being sick equal to just taking time off as far as recovery goes? Can I count this week off as my week off every few months?

I've just had a crazy bit of the flu. No vomiting or anything, just horrible cramps, sore joints, light fever, etc.

Feeling better today, but still light headed, and a bit off all around. I'm guessing I will be off until Monday at least.

Thanks!
    Regardless of WHAT your time off training was because of, if you had time off, then yes, I would call it "time off". However, if you were sick, even though you were having a break from training, then it's not really "recovery" time, since your body will have been using that time to battle whatever sickness you had.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i agree with rosie to an extent....if u just had a fever, but u were still eating like a horse (or eating to your goals) then it can be beneficial to an extent. but again, if u are going to take time off, you dont wanna b sick
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

I train hard and heavy year 'round and rarely take time off but what I did notice, at least for myself, is that I end up stronger after recovering from a cold and taking time off. Of course when I get back in the gym, I'm weak but muscle memory is such a great thing. After a couple of weeks I notice that my strength will actually go up. I guess the rest for me does my body good.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    I train hard and heavy year 'round and rarely take time off but what I did notice, at least for myself, is that I end up stronger after recovering from a cold and taking time off. Of course when I get back in the gym, I'm weak but muscle memory is such a great thing. After a couple of weeks I notice that my strength will actually go up. I guess the rest for me does my body good.
    Good post.

I applaud your dedication OP, but there is nothing wrong with taking a little extra time off. It can actually be beneficial, as stated. You never want to sacrifice recovery.

Training with a head cold is one thing, but training with the flu could equal
  6. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation

NO. I agree with the way Rosie put it, and I look at it like this, you got sick and unintentionally were forced to take off from training so it cant be the same thing.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Time Caller/Long-Time Listener.
    By dollardream in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 08:12 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 10:23 AM
  4. Long time user, First time Serum??
    By Master in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 04:25 PM