The Most Successful Workout Program

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by N.Woods Giant View Post
    Great thread! Im going to be starting Ripptoes in about a week. Excited for the progress!
    Thanks bro, let me know what you think after you give it a shot. I'd like to see what worked well for you and what didn't.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Thanks bro, let me know what you think after you give it a shot. I'd like to see what worked well for you and what didn't.
    Will Do!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    With nearly of decade of training under my belt, I've learned one very important thing: there is not a "best" program. To quote Bruce Lee, "Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."

Every program has solid principles and the best route is to create your own amalgam of several principles and adapt it to your life and schedule.
    I agree with Ryan. What is "best" for one individual is not "best" for another. In the end, you find what works for you and you make it your own, taking things out and adding things in. I don't follow any sort of training programme set out by anyone and have always modified my training based on my goals and needs at the time for what works for me in achieving what I want - I don't train very conventionally and I would NEVER recommend what I do to any one else. In the end, your training programme should be individualized and specific to YOU and only you!

~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I think you will enjoy DC training Torobestia. From my personal experience with DC, I have seen great progress in the mirror and on my numbers. When I leave the gym I feel as though I have made the most of my time. It took me a good 2-3 weeks to really get in the groove of things but work hard and reap the benefits!
    agreed. def my fav

5. Haha nice routines bro, but would you consider having more rest for your current routine? But it's up to you.
    Ectomorphworkout.org -> discover how I went from benching a weightless bar to 265lbs
    •   

6. after this thread i have definitely decided to use the dc workout. i also used to use a westside variation. it was called "westside for skinny bastards". i would post a link but i don't have enough posts.
    the westside program i used helped me go from 165 to 190 in 6 months not to mention i had destroyed(prs) all of my lifts especially squats about 160 to 385 now.the only thing i didnt like about it is that you never know what your true one rep max is because you work up to all of your majors lifts. either way i would highly recommend checking it out.

7. Very good post, you took a lot of time and energy into helping us out!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Very good post, you took a lot of time and energy into helping us out!
    I'm glad people are finding this helpful!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

9. in for this

10. For me:
    Layne Norton's Power Hypertrophy split
    Day 1-Upper Power
    Day 2-Lower Power
    Day 3-HIIT
    Day 4-Chest/Back Hyper
    Day 5-Legs/Abs Hyper
    Day 6-Delts/Arms Hyper
    Day 7-Off/HIIT
    Power days are done in a ramping manner. It starts with a deload of 50% of your 5 rep max. Then as weeks pass it goes 75%, 90%, 100%, Then you attempt to Pr for 3 weeks after this. Then deload and start over. Also the volume with start with 5x5 then decrease to 3x5 at 100% then 2x5 and 1x5 as you try to Pr.
    Hyper days are in the 8-15 rep range. You deload these days too. The main difference is you never go to failure on Hyper days, 1-2 rep short always to save the CNS.

5/3/1
    Look it up.

Current Routine
    Its power building routine from Josh Bryant. Goal is strength, side effect is size.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 5-Day Workout Program
    By hardcore61 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 01:04 PM
  2. need help with new workout program
    By jeromybourque in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 09:33 PM
  3. HELP with workout program please
    By chriso21 in forum Training Forum