The Most Successful Workout Program
- 03-03-2011, 10:11 PM
after this thread i have definitely decided to use the dc workout. i also used to use a westside variation. it was called "westside for skinny bastards". i would post a link but i don't have enough posts.
the westside program i used helped me go from 165 to 190 in 6 months not to mention i had destroyed(prs) all of my lifts especially squats about 160 to 385 now.the only thing i didnt like about it is that you never know what your true one rep max is because you work up to all of your majors lifts. either way i would highly recommend checking it out.
- 03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
03-16-2011, 12:50 AM
03-20-2011, 01:37 AM
03-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Layne Norton's Power Hypertrophy split
Day 1-Upper Power
Day 2-Lower Power
Day 4-Chest/Back Hyper
Day 5-Legs/Abs Hyper
Day 6-Delts/Arms Hyper
Power days are done in a ramping manner. It starts with a deload of 50% of your 5 rep max. Then as weeks pass it goes 75%, 90%, 100%, Then you attempt to Pr for 3 weeks after this. Then deload and start over. Also the volume with start with 5x5 then decrease to 3x5 at 100% then 2x5 and 1x5 as you try to Pr.
Hyper days are in the 8-15 rep range. You deload these days too. The main difference is you never go to failure on Hyper days, 1-2 rep short always to save the CNS.
Look it up.
Its power building routine from Josh Bryant. Goal is strength, side effect is size.
Similar Forum Threads
- By hardcore61 in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
- By jeromybourque in forum Workout LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2008, 10:33 PM
- By chriso21 in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 10-30-2007, 05:21 AM
- By wildcat182 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2007, 01:27 AM
- By triality in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2006, 01:10 PM