Balanced training help

sakes

Awards
The left side of my body seems to be developing slightly faster then my right. My left arm is .35-.5" bigger and my left back is much more noticeable. I am right handed and I do reverse grip dead lifts so I switch which are goes over but i see no difference in the last month. Is this normal? thanks for any input.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
my left arm is about 1/2" smaller and usually ranges about 1 rep short on most exercises. hasn't effected my overall growth and on compound movements there's no difference. so IMO, don't worry about it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The left side of my body seems to be developing slightly faster then my right. My left arm is .35-.5" bigger and my left back is much more noticeable. I am right handed and I do reverse grip dead lifts so I switch which are goes over but i see no difference in the last month. Is this normal? thanks for any input.
It is normal for one side of the body to be more developed than than the other - when I'm not as lean as usual, my right thigh and biceps are larger by 0.5-1 inch than my left.

Sometimes your dominant side (i.e. right side id right handed) will be the more developed side. Sometimes your non-dominant side will be more developed, especially if one concentrates more specifically on this side because of their dominant side.

Try adjusting your grip. Make a more concentrated effort on lifting weights equally and not relying on one side to "carry" the other. Try adding in unilateral exercises to help balance you out.

~Rosie~