adding mass to upper quad/rectus femoris?

stankydanky

Awards
hey guys ive got plenty of mass in my lower quad, specifically my Vastus medialis. Im having a hard time adding mass to my upper quad and rectus femoris, does anyone have any suggestions? and please dont say squat

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Front squat, over head squat, olympic squat, pitcher squat.

You're RF really doesn't make up much of your thigh, infact, the vastus medialis, intermedius, and vastus lateralis attach high on the femur:

Are you lacking size in your adductors? This contributes a lot to the girth of the thigh.

Also, the tensor fascia lata and the sartorius are muscles at the top of the lateral thigh.

But still, I suggest you continue to squat, or perform variations of it that place more emphasis on your quads and less on your hips for anterior thigh development. This, however, does not mean you should neglect your posterior kinetic chain (hams and glutes).

Br

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys ive got plenty of mass in my lower quad, specifically my Vastus medialis. Im having a hard time adding mass to my upper quad and rectus femoris, does anyone have any suggestions? and please dont say squat
Why not say squat? In reality, that's the BEST exercise for your quadriceps. If you want to place more emphasis on your quadriceps though, try FRONT squats.

As ZiR RED said, "I suggest you continue to squat, or perform variations of it that place more emphasis on your quads and less on your hips for anterior thigh development.."

~Rosie~