what to do get get back in the game after long long time off

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have several guestions.first i am new here and am not good at typing or spelling so sorry.my guestions are.i worked out for many years and knew a lot about bodybuilding and all.but got married and lazy and have not worked out in atleast five years.so when i am searching for info on geting back into working out should i be looking for stuff for newbies or what? and all so should i jump right back in the gym and doing all the stuff i know to do.or should i do what i have started doing the last couple of days which is like just playing ball in the yard and doing like 10 minute trainer with resistant bands and dumb bells just a lot os wuzzy stuff.which i guese i am a wuzzy now because the 10 min tranier kills me and i am reall sore.but i want to get back into the gym.so i guese the short guestion is should i stay with the wuzzy stuff for a couple of weeks or just get a gym membership at get right to reall working out? thanks so much for any help

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i have several guestions.first i am new here and am not good at typing or spelling so sorry.my guestions are.i worked out for many years and knew a lot about bodybuilding and all.but got married and lazy and have not worked out in atleast five years.so when i am searching for info on geting back into working out should i be looking for stuff for newbies or what? and all so should i jump right back in the gym and doing all the stuff i know to do.or should i do what i have started doing the last couple of days which is like just playing ball in the yard and doing like 10 minute trainer with resistant bands and dumb bells just a lot os wuzzy stuff.which i guese i am a wuzzy now because the 10 min tranier kills me and i am reall sore.but i want to get back into the gym.so i guese the short guestion is should i stay with the wuzzy stuff for a couple of weeks or just get a gym membership at get right to reall working out? thanks so much for any help
Get back in the gym - if you're going to do something, may as well do it RIGHT (unless you want a couple of weeks going easy - but the sooner you get back into it, the better you'll feel.

If you've had a lot of time off, then your body is going to respond like a beginner. You don't have to start out like a complete beginner, but your body will be in that stage for a while, so you need to recondition it back to training again - this can be done using the compounds (or whatever you were doing before) and lifting for the general 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps for a few weeks, and then you can progress back to what you were doing. You can start off with a split, or just do full-body sessions ~3 times a week for about a month, and then get back into splits. So many options - just make sure to tailor your training (weights, cardio, and flexibility) towards your goals.

~Rosie~

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey thanks yea i want to get back but am a little worried being so weak and out of shape.i cant even do more than one push up.but i am happy about the fact that i am going to be geting newbie gains.what can i expect with newbie gains and how long do you get those kind of results.and fyi i am wanting and needing to lose a lot of fat and gain muscle.i am going for the ripped cutt look more than the bb look all though i am built more for power lifting look.i gain muscle very easy and lose fat not at all.i am 5 ft 9 and weigh 230 ilbs and probally 25-28 percent body fat with a big gut.but i do still have some pretty big muscle/. guns for some one who has done nothing but eat and sit in a lazy boy for over five years.but no being serous i know i have a long way to go and it will be hard work.i just need to know where to start.i cant rember being the newbie i was all ways the muscle head gym whore boy how things change.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hey thanks yea i want to get back but am a little worried being so weak and out of shape.i cant even do more than one push up.but i am happy about the fact that i am going to be geting newbie gains.what can i expect with newbie gains and how long do you get those kind of results.and fyi i am wanting and needing to lose a lot of fat and gain muscle.i am going for the ripped cutt look more than the bb look all though i am built more for power lifting look.i gain muscle very easy and lose fat not at all.i am 5 ft 9 and weigh 230 ilbs and probally 25-28 percent body fat with a big gut.but i do still have some pretty big muscle/. guns for some one who has done nothing but eat and sit in a lazy boy for over five years.but no being serous i know i have a long way to go and it will be hard work.i just need to know where to start.i cant rember being the newbie i was all ways the muscle head gym whore boy how things change.
I can't tell you how long you are going to get newbie gains or what they will be like, since this will vary between individuals.

I suggest that you choose fat loss or muscle gain if you're just starting back, since recomping is very dependent on your NUTRITION - although, newbie gains can include recomping, albeit UNintentionally.

If you don't know where to start, then I recommend getting yourself a trainer and having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information out there!

Start by reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (you only need the Basic Staples - and training for fat loss (the nutrition is the same for gaining mass, except for caloric intake - the same goes for training), and it even includes sample training programmes for the beginner and more experienced trainee.

~Rosie~

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea thanks i have read those links and where reall helpfull.what i meant by how long and what to expect from newibie gains was what does newibie gains mean?i have heard it is the only time you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time ? i all so heard it is the only time you can get gains even if your diets not perfect etc.if that makes any since i was not really asking for like how much weight i will gain or loss personley.just what do people mean when they say newibie gains and how long do most people get newibie gains like first month week year etc.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh yea all so what is recomping? i think it means loosing fat and gaining lean muslce at the same time.and if it is that is exactly what i need and want to do.and if that is the case how long before recomping stops being possable with out your diet beiing spot on?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yea thanks i have read those links and where reall helpfull.what i meant by how long and what to expect from newibie gains was what does newibie gains mean?i have heard it is the only time you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time ? i all so heard it is the only time you can get gains even if your diets not perfect etc.if that makes any since i was not really asking for like how much weight i will gain or loss personley.just what do people mean when they say newibie gains and how long do most people get newibie gains like first month week year etc.
"Newbie gains" is what happens when one starts training when they have not been exercising and/or adjust their nutrition for the better. Basically it's the rapid increase in strength, lean gains, or fat loss that a beginner experiences over the first few weeks of starting a training programme. These "gains" occur as a result of their body doing something it is not used to.

No, it's NOT the only time that a recomp can occur, and an experienced trainee who knows how to manipulate their body and the factors determining its success can do this all the time - for example, I pretty much perpetually recomp.

No, it is NOT the only time you can make gains if your diet is not perfect - for example, again I'll use myself and say that my diet is the worst diet ever and I would certainly not recommend anyone follow my example, but because I know my body, I still get results by manipulating it and training factors. "Perfect" is a relative term and specific to each individual, even though there are general "guidelines" to what constitutes a "perfect" diet. Having a nutrition plan focused on your goals and needs is what you should have, and as long as that is right, then you should get results.

If you have to ask these questions, then I really do recommend that you get yourself a trainer who will individualize everything for you - and explain what they have done and why, so that you understand.

~Rosie~