help with my lifting stratagy please

U

uglyassin

Awards
im trying to cut body fat and maintain as much muscle as possable. i know my diet is good cause im loosing a pound in a half to two pounds a week. im doing a push pull, legs split trying to usea weight that i fail at 8 to 10 reps with a minute rest period. my question iswhat would be the best rep/rest stratagy for my goals and how many sets using per workout.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cutting is mainly about diet. when i cut, i keep the same workout routine i bulk with. maybe tweak it a little bit, but its all about diet. the only thing i add to my workout routine when cutting is jump roping

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im trying to cut body fat and maintain as much muscle as possable. i know my diet is good cause im loosing a pound in a half to two pounds a week. im doing a push pull, legs split trying to usea weight that i fail at 8 to 10 reps with a minute rest period. my question iswhat would be the best rep/rest stratagy for my goals and how many sets using per workout.
Fat loss success is more about NUTRITION than anything else.

Honestly, you could train however you wanted and you'd still see results as long as your nutrition was targeted at fat loss for YOU.

Re sets/reps, as I said, you can do whatever and it will work. Personally though, I recommend lower reps (5-8) as heavy as you can do for said reps. The more intensity, the better for fat loss, IMO - the same goes for if you do cardio. That's what works for me best.

~Rosie~