Injury is driving me nuts, any advice appreciated - AnabolicMinds.com

Injury is driving me nuts, any advice appreciated

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Injury is driving me nuts, any advice appreciated

About a month ago I had this nagging sort of pain in my left Tricep that eventually got worse as I carried on lifting heavy. There was no bruising/swelling , colour change, I can still train heavy, but not as effectively.

Even during my heaviest sets of rowing I can feel it. I gave it a week, went back into benching again and same pain, although maybe got a little better. I can dead-lift heavy perfectly fine with no pain whatsoever.

I'm now giving it 2 weeks off, just working legs, traps, light bicep work. Its been a week and now even when I grasp the bar during squatting my left arm now feels sort of stiff.

After the two weeks I plan to start training upper-body again. If I still feel any pain, shall I continue light 15+ reps or just wait more and give it more time?

I think I remember injuring it during deadlifting at the start of my H-Drol cycle. I gave it 2 days and it completely went away until the end of PCT.

I know it sounds trivial but its seriously getting me down and I just want it to heal without wasting anymore time than I need to.

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm going through the exact same thing. I believe it's tendonitis and it's prevented all heavy pressing for a couple of weeks now. I've begun eccentric training, as I've read that is supposed to help strengthen and repair injured tendons. I'm benching 135 for 3-5 reps, but using an 8-10 second eccentric. I'm also foam-rolling, icing and stretching the joint regularly, and using eccentric rope triceps extensions as well.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I'm going through the exact same thing. I believe it's tendonitis and it's prevented all heavy pressing for a couple of weeks now. I've begun eccentric training, as I've read that is supposed to help strengthen and repair injured tendons. I'm benching 135 for 3-5 reps, but using an 8-10 second eccentric. I'm also foam-rolling, icing and stretching the joint regularly, and using eccentric rope triceps extensions as well.
    Thanks for the response bro. Tendonitis? I guess its possible that's the problem. Would it not occur in both arms? It's just strange how I have not suffered from it before. I use to bench 225 fine with no issues last year.

I have been mega dossing Cissus over the last week (bulk 11%) in hopes to help recover.

I believe in eccentric training, although I have never really emphasized my workout around it. I might focus on eccentric training and see how I go.
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Tendonitis usually occurs in only one joint.

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ice it, keep taking the cissus. Use icy hot or Blue heat pre workout on it. Maybe give it a little rest as well. Get an elbow sleeve as well it helps tremendously.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post
    Ice it, keep taking the cissus. Use icy hot or Blue heat pre workout on it. Maybe give it a little rest as well. Get an elbow sleeve as well it helps tremendously.
    Funny enough you mention this, was looking at one the other day. Do you have any personal experience with them. I'll be ordering one tonight when I get back home.
  7. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    Funny enough you mention this, was looking at one the other day. Do you have any personal experience with them. I'll be ordering one tonight when I get back home.
    I got a pair off EFS. Love 'em. Just make sure you wash them regularly - they can get fairly sour quick.

***NOW @ NP***
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

In addition to what everyone has said ease back slowly over a period to weeks. There some middle ground between super light and normal training. Start very light and go a little heavier each week. Even if you feel like you can do more, don't. Just stop at your planned poundage for the day. Also ice it after every training session so the inflammation doesn't creep back in. I made the mistake of trying to jump back to "normal" training too quickly with a strained pec and re-injured it a couple different times. When I finally worked back over a period of six weeks or so it was fine and I haven't had any problems since.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Thanks all for the solid advice, seriously do appreciate your time - reps for all. I'll make sure to slowly ease myself back in and hopefully bounce back in a couple months.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 12:56 AM
  2. Advice appreciated
    By BoSox36 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 10:52 PM
  3. Any Advice is APPRECIATED
    By mchris1 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 05:52 PM