Muscle stamina

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Ya know, I'm noticing I have much more burst strength than sustaining strength. Could it be from pyramidding so often?

In regards to building muscle stamina, should I lessen the weights a bit and hit more sets at a constant weight?

I am on a bulking cycle atm, so less weight and more sets sounds kinda like a tone(high reps low weight) But is it different because instead of changing the amount of reps, your changing the amount of sets?

Thanks for the info.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
single bump for any info.

I'm finding some info from teh all powerful google of course, but was wondering if anyone had some idea. These are what I'm coming up with.

Circuit Training - one set of each excersice back to back, rinse repeat. full body w/o

Decrease weight increase sets and reps

Pyramid(I thought this would do the opposite)

Doing different weights/reps each workout - high weight low rep one day/low weight high rep other day(doesnt seem like it would work unless your circuit training)

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I would pick a target weight and start doing sets til failure, somewhere between 70-80% of your 1RM, warm up and then go for it, try to focus on form and push every week to get more reps.

CRcatcher06

Awards
ideally for muscle stamina you are looking at completing 2 to 4 sets of 12 plus reps. For this range to work you should stay under about 70% of your 1RM and the other part is keeping your rest time low. Keeping your rest between 30 to 45 seconds between sets will help keep your muscles from completely resting up and allow the anaerobic systems to kick in. One thing that i have done in my training is have a set weight and reps for a span of 4 or 5 weeks and instead of increasing weight or reps, just decrease the reps between each set. Example being the first week have 45 seconds rest between each set, next week 40, then 35 ect... Hope this helps. Good luck man