Out of breath WTF??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Out of breath WTF???

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Out of breath WTF???

So here's my problem:
    I've been training for years. I'm pretty informed on diet and exercise.
    But over the past couple weeks, I have been coming up really short of breath and feeling dizzy and nautious in the gym only after just a few sets and it's forcing me to cut my workouts short for fear of fainting or throwing up all over, and I just generally feel like shiz in the gym. My diet hasn't changed at all, nor has my exercise or anything else in my life. I have been using the same supps for the past year.

I'm drawing a blank on what could be wrong....somethings got to change because this is becoming extremely frustrating.

By the way I got my bloods done a month ago and the doctor was impressed at how great everything looked, and my cholesterol was even 5 points below standard low spec, which puts me at 114 I believe.

Anyone been through this before????

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Are you making sure you are breathing during your sets?

If you are, you may want to go back to the doctor and tell him what is happening so that he can take another look.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah I'm making extra sure to breathe, even pausing when needed during a set to take extra breaths to catch my beath because I am running out. My reps aren't crazy high or anything, keeping them between 6 and 10 right now.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So here's my problem:
    I've been training for years. I'm pretty informed on diet and exercise.
    But over the past couple weeks, I have been coming up really short of breath and feeling dizzy and nautious in the gym only after just a few sets and it's forcing me to cut my workouts short for fear of fainting or throwing up all over, and I just generally feel like shiz in the gym. My diet hasn't changed at all, nor has my exercise or anything else in my life. I have been using the same supps for the past year.

I'm drawing a blank on what could be wrong....somethings got to change because this is becoming extremely frustrating.

By the way I got my bloods done a month ago and the doctor was impressed at how great everything looked, and my cholesterol was even 5 points below standard low spec, which puts me at 114 I believe.

Anyone been through this before????
    I wouldn't think anything of being short of breath during training, especially if your training is intense and you are lifting heavy or with very short recovery periods.

The dizziness and nausea could be caused by being hypoglycaemic. Or you could be getting sick. or it could be indicative of something more serious.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Well they would be intense, but they're lacking the intensity lately because I am unable to push myself. Guess I better go to the doc. Hypoglycemic, you may be on to something, diabetes runs in my family. Although I think I recall her saying no signs of diabetes. Maybe I need a new doc. My current doctor is through the employee health center I work at, maybe she missed something eh?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

If youre diabetic and she is testing you and not catching it she should lose her license. That being said, you are the second post I responded to on shortness of breath issues. I can tell you that when I go from inside (hot) to outside (cold) I get a little lung spasm of sorts somethings. And if your gym is cold (some are minimally heated because ppl are hot) and you blast the heat in your car then you might just need to acclimate for a bit. Id also say that you should see if you can recover your breath with a break and then go back to the workout rather than cutting it short.

All said, only you know how severe this shortness of breath is. If it is normal but you think perhaps you should be in better cardiovascular health and dont expect the shortness of breath, perhaps you just need to warm up more before working out. But if this shortness of breath is serious and does hit you with minimal exertion then see a doctor and get a stress test.
    Back.... for real this time
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dizziness can be a sign of low blood pressure, such as when you are seated and get up too fast and you feel light headed.

You may also be over trained. Short of breath, unable to put forth a high intensity, lighter weights feeling heavy, etc. When was the last time you took a week off or deloaded?

Br
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

what supps do you use.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Currently been using HemoRage ultra concentrate for my pre, NO Synthesize for post, whey/casein, Anavite for multi's, fish oil, and Stoked for a little T boost am and pm.

Only thing I can think is maybe I still was loaded up with post cycle support when I got my bloods done and my blood levels have since changed. I might as well just schedule another appointment to get it taken again next week.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

HemoRage ultra concentrate - whats in this? Is it new to your supplement regimen? Maybe stop using it and see if it helps.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

It's not new but maybe it's beginning to affect me different. I read in another thread it's loaded with stims and causes high bp.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    It's not new but maybe it's beginning to affect me different. I read in another thread it's loaded with stims and causes high bp.
    bp problems can be degenerative. You might want to just get your bp checked at like a cvs or something. I know my grocery store has one of those machines. They arent at all as accurate as a doctor's office but you can get a qualitative idea of where u stand. I actually dnt take a preworkout supp. Survivor's eye of the tiger is all i need to get pumped and most preworkout supps make me feel sick and negatively effect the workout.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Short of breath on Sus 300? Hmm..
    By Luck 6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 07:57 PM
  2. shortness of breath
    By powerhouse21 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
  3. Getting out of breath in the gym
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Exercise Science