Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello Guys

I need advice for FAT LOSS and STRENGTH so what is best for this:
Full Body Routine or 5x5 Training

Happy Holidays
Depends on your personal preference, because either training schedule will work well as long as you are eating for a RECOMP and LIFTING INTENSE AND AS HEAVY AS YOU CAN.

~Rosie~

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your personal preference, because either training schedule will work well as long as you are eating for a RECOMP and LIFTING INTENSE AND AS HEAVY AS YOU CAN.

~Rosie~
yup.. routine is good but the diet will constitute over half of what you achieve

KrayzeeMonkey

KrayzeeMonkey

Awards
I personally like to go with a 7 day work out, legs and chest 3x a week then fill in the rest of the body and the days I am not doing legs and chest I also throw in cardio. been doing it for about a year and have had amazing results. you are just going to have to find something that works for you just by messing around and finding your groove. But I have to agree with the others here no matter what you do your diet is prolly the most important part of getting towards your goal.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

~Rosie~
What did you recommend me? with low carb i can handle 5x5 routine but later i can`t handle squats or deadlifts I`m very sensible to carbs (bloat, water retention etc.) so i got problem here i`m work from 7:30am to 4:30pm but with time is more difficult achieve my goals so i need change this routine. IMO 5x5 is one of the best routines i tried so did you recommend me carbs before workouts only?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glutamine may have adverse effects in ketosis and needs to be individually assessed. To remain in ketosis one must have there liver out of glycogen. Since glutamine can aid in glycogen re-synthesis it may knock you out of ketosis or prevent you from entering ketosis. L-glutamine is broken down more in the muscles then used for glycogen storage and may be an alternative to glutamine. It is also notable that due to fact that glycogen stores are empty the lack of glucose may effect your brain functions in different ways. Though there is no direct evidence supporting it supplementing with Glutamine/L-glutaime may have positive effects on libido problems commonly found in males who are in ketosis.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did you recommend me? with low carb i can handle 5x5 routine but later i can`t handle squats or deadlifts I`m very sensible to carbs (bloat, water retention etc.) so i got problem here i`m work from 7:30am to 4:30pm but with time is more difficult achieve my goals so i need change this routine. IMO 5x5 is one of the best routines i tried so did you recommend me carbs before workouts only?
I did not recommend anything, but said that either would work well as long as your NUTRITION was targeted at your goal.

I never mentioned anything about carbohydrates - I seriously recommend that you go back and READ what I wrote - but since you seem to be asking now, you can have carbohydrates before or after training, with post-training more important. You can be sensitive to carbohydrates and still eat them - you just need to find the right time for you to eat them, and experiment to see what types and how much you can get away with when.

I highly recommend that you do some personal research and look around some more as well as far as training for your goals - there's plenty of information out there. In saying that, if the 5x5 works for you, there's no reason why you can't continue with it.

Your posts in this thread do not really follow or make a lot of sense, so this is my final reply here.

~Rosie~

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did not recommend anything, but said that either would work well as long as your NUTRITION was targeted at your goal.

I never mentioned anything about carbohydrates - I seriously recommend that you go back and READ what I wrote - but since you seem to be asking now, you can have carbohydrates before or after training, with post-training more important. You can be sensitive to carbohydrates and still eat them - you just need to find the right time for you to eat them, and experiment to see what types and how much you can get away with when.

I highly recommend that you do some personal research and look around some more as well as far as training for your goals - there's plenty of information out there. In saying that, if the 5x5 works for you, there's no reason why you can't continue with it.

Your posts in this thread do not really follow or make a lot of sense, so this is my final reply here.

~Rosie~
thanks for this i will continue my research

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Um, don't you mean a "full body" routine OR a "split" routine?
You can do a 5x5 (or any protocols etc.) utilizing the entire body in 1 W/O, or you can split the body to upper lower, push pull etc.

IMO the 80% principle works quite well for newbies trying to gain strength, ie: using 75%-80% of a 1 RM for multi sets and rep ranges 4-8.

As the others have said, fat loss is more diet/nutrition and proper eating habits.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
thanks for this i will continue my research
wow, overthink much.

as for what lifting program is going to work, which one do you believe in and will give it your all?

a program may be superior but if you put inferior effort into it you will get inferior results.

S

smike

Awards
I think he's done with his research. It's a three year old thread.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
5X5 isn't a routine; it's a rep/set scheme and can be used with any program.

Full body training or upper/lower split is what I always recommend for various reasons.

IMO, lower rep training is superior for athletes just getting into weightlifting due to the linear progressive programs.

For an intermediate / advanced lifter, both high reps, low reps and even speed reps are essential in development.

T

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
I started working out some 6 months ago and did a body split for 1 month or so.
So after 5 months of strength training (starting with SS and switching to CnP after a month) I bench 100kg squat 110 easy enough to do it gor tons of singles and DL 140 easy. At a bw of roughly 75kg. I never touched a barbell before, so I think thid is decent progress.
What I do now is just bench squat and dl 2x a week each, overhead press a ton and enjoy never going under 85% of 1RM for the big three.

I started training 3 times a week and added additional days when I felt like it. Currently training 6days a week, heavy every time.

For strength lift heavy, often and use barbells mostly. Anything more is overthinking it in the first few months.

And the possibly best advise is to just lift and read about it after you got a feel for your body and eeight training.
Wish I had done that :(