Quality Power Rack

B

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think is the best power rack under $800? Looking for something sturdy that will last.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I got a Marcy home gym with an adjustable bench (incline to decline, and sitting up straight) and squat towers. I think I paid around $250 for it at ****'s Sporting Goods prolly 4 years ago. I've had 450 pounds up on the towers before and it held together, so def. worth the money I paid. And it has a preacher curl set up, too.

But I would like a real rack, but don't think one would fit in my basement.

B

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have this rack from elite:
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=167&pid=9

and I have lifted out of a few different racks that they make and all of them have been absolutely indestructible. We just had 925 loaded up on the rack yesterday and the thing did not shake at all when we racked and unracked the weights. I would recommend spending the little extra for the 2x2 rack with the closer hole spacing if you plan on benching out of it. If you do buy one of these racks though you will definitely have it for life so it is a good investment.

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I been lookin at the 3x3 but will probably end up with the 2x2. It depends where my pockets are sitting when the time comes. I hear they are very sturdy from numerous people. I want to KNOW that it will hold if I Bail on something or wont sway back and forth whenever I unrack the weight.

N

n87

Awards
  • Established
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=167&pid=9

and I have lifted out of a few different racks that they make and all of them have been absolutely indestructible. We just had 925 loaded up on the rack yesterday and the thing did not shake at all when we racked and unracked the weights...
That's almost the same one that I got, except mine is by Powerline. I bought it on Craigslist for $150 ($700 new), barely used. I recommend getting a used one, they hard to come across though, but usually well priced.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
That's almost the same one that I got, except mine is by Powerline. I bought it on Craigslist for $150 ($700 new), barely used. I recommend getting a used one, they hard to come across though, but usually well priced.
I got mine used as well, paid $200 for it.

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
williamsstrength.com/product_page/products-page/deluxe-line/deluxe-full-power-rack-with-weight-racks/

I use this rack but can't remember the price on it, great quality though

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
cant post links yet

and I have lifted out of a few different racks that they make and all of them have been absolutely indestructible. We just had 925 loaded up on the rack yesterday and the thing did not shake at all when we racked and unracked the weights. I would recommend spending the little extra for the 2x2 rack with the closer hole spacing if you plan on benching out of it. If you do buy one of these racks though you will definitely have it for life so it is a good investment.

I just ordered that rack. Glad to hear it is treating you so well. I dont think i'll be putting 925 on it any time soon, but its nice to know it can handle it so well and not get all shaky.