Getting that solid, vascular look? Need help! - AnabolicMinds.com

Getting that solid, vascular look? Need help!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Getting that solid, vascular look? Need help!

Hi guys, new here and my first post! I have been lifting for about 10 years and the last 3 been really dedicated. Heres the problem, want the solid look and more vascular.... I want it BAD

I am 30... 5,11 187 right now 33" wiast and 17.5" arms, never been on juice but I did do a H drol cycle in Sept for the first time in my life. Made good gains and was starting to get the solid look I like, thats pretty much gone again even though I keep most my size. Some times I get more vascular looking but then it goes away

Is it more about diet, some kinda supps that might help! I want to do something natrual that will help though, not juice. Thanks for your input!

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SlyCamaro View Post
    Hi guys, new here and my first post! I have been lifting for about 10 years and the last 3 been really dedicated. Heres the problem, want the solid look and more vascular.... I want it BAD

I am 30... 5,11 187 right now 33" wiast and 17.5" arms, never been on juice but I did do a H drol cycle in Sept for the first time in my life. Made good gains and was starting to get the solid look I like, thats pretty much gone again even though I keep most my size. Some times I get more vascular looking but then it goes away

Is it more about diet, some kinda supps that might help! I want to do something natrual that will help though, not juice. Thanks for your input!
    If you want to look solid and vascular, then you first need to have the MUSCLE mass there. Then, you need to be relatively lean. You need to be doing resistance training, as it helps with muscle accretion and pumping up the muscles for that "hard" look (being lean also helps in looking hard). It's also about genetics. Nutrition is definitely important - what type of food you eat and when can affect how you look. Supplements are the LEAST important factor in this.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

I have the muscle, thats for sure. When I first started lifting I was only 150 and 7% BF, worked my weight up to 210 then back down to 185-190 were I stay at now. I dont know my body fat, I would assume around 10-14%...chest is between 43-44" arms flexed are 17.5 and waist is 33". Thanks for any input, I have been working forearms alot hoping to get them more vascular and thicker looking. Seems like its helping.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

Sly: I would venture to say that you probably do not have enough muscle mass in order to look the way you want. I'd also assume that you aren't as lean as you need to be to get the look you want. At 5'11" you have between 160-167 lbs of lean body mass. Thats probably not enough to really fill out your frame and the body fat is still too high to get really vascular. If you want the dense look, it also helps to lift heavy. I don't mean heavy for sets of 8-12, i'm talking heavy for sets of 3-5 reps. Obviously throw in some higher rep sets, but the lower rep sets will add to muscle density.

The best thing you can do is throw some pics up to let us evaluate. Then we can give you better advice. Until then, its all just speculation.
  5. Professional Member

This is an interesting thread, as it is surely something we all endeavor to accomplish, yet this specific question is never/rarely asked. I'm happy to help out with a few specific pointers. I am going to paste a reply from another thread I recently authored which also holds true here, regarding the vascular look portion of your question quest.

Density comes from heavy compound movements, muscle maturity, drug usage, and blood volume/hydration pushing against the skin which creates the illusion of a full dense physique when coupled with low body fat levels. There are also some supplement that can help to achieve that thick look, as 'thick' is not a definite widely recognized term, I believe I am still sure of what you are talking about. Items such as the below list of NOS and Pump/Vascularity enhancers will aid greatly in this ambition.

(Note: Something else which MIGHT earn a spot in this list, would be diuretics... but those are SO SEVERELY CRIPPLED by their infamous hit-and-POORLY-miss status, it's like throwing you-know-what at a wall and hoping it sticks. Something like this might be effective if timed and used properly: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...-capsules.html HOWEVER, to focus solely on DENSITY, you run an unacceptably high risk of deflating your musculature when using diuretics, so I would steer clear)

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    ...to summarize the ultimate arrived at solution: It comes down to hydration, bodyfat levels, GENETICS, and of course a small and select assortment of tried and true products that will volumize and promote intracellular water retention and enhance NOS levels.

In order of importance:
    -DNA (Can't supersede that which mom and dad bestowed upon you, which is why even world renowned World Champion Olympia athlete such as Jay Cutler have cycled continually every known anabolic and supplemental aid for DECADES, and gotten into single digit bodyfat countless times and STILL don't exhibit extremely evident vascular tissue)

-Body Fat Levels (While preparing for many 'a contests, I have notice my delts display the most overy vascularity and striations along with my brachial vein, before anything else comes to the surface as I lose body fat. Veins can't push out through adipose tissue)

-Hydration (When you are depleted, you are flat - no matter what. This is the most often encountered plaguing phenomenon that haunts comeptitive bodybuilders on stage after months of preparation and looking like a champion days before the show)

-Nutrition (Carbohydrates... they do a body, and glycogen stores, good)

-Supplements (Last on the list for, obvious, reason. Veg. Glycerine, **** BRIDGE, **** Need 2 Slin, GPLC, Agmatine Sulfate, and L-Norvaline are choice selections, as of course Arginine and other impostor NOS up-regulator wannabees have been redundantly uncovered clinically, to do nothing)

-Outstanding
    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Although I firmly believe in and have witnessed supplements ability to enhance the effects of vascularity to a small degree, I'm always reminded of the contest prep I went through earlier this year, using NO/Zero/Nada supplements. I relied, solely, on cardio and nutrition, as my catalyst of recompositioning. Within weeks my delts became feathered and my waist shrunk to to the point of needing to use my training partner's size-small Schiek.

It still comes down to my enumerated primary list of contributing factors in descending order: DNA, Body Fat, Nutrition, Hydration.................... Supplements.
    I would also add to this list, considering your specific end-result, that although not condoning or proposing the use by any means of AAS, there are several compounds that increase strength and endurance by heightening your blood volume and will dramatically induce muscle fullness and density. I won't disseminate them here though, as this is the final piece atop the anabolic totem pole and should only be implemented when all other layers of construction are enacted and solidified.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Thanks for the replies, I will try and get some pics up real soon. I basicly can see my upper abs but I have a little lower belly fat. I just changed my workout 2 weeks ago to more heavy sets... reps in the 8-10 range, I was in the 10-15 range for a wiel with no gains! The last 2 weeks I put on 3 lbs and starting eating a little more. I was 188 today... I feel like I have made some progress for the first time in a few months!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

pics coming soon?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Suggest a ph for getting vascular/recomp
    By bubagump in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 06:56 AM
  2. what inpacts becoming visible Vascular
    By nightside1234 in forum Anabolics