Foundout why I've been having knee and back pain

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I have flat feet. I was wearing converse for the past two months and lately I've been having lower back pain and knee pain. Is it okay to still deadlift and squat while while having lower back and knee pain if I'm wearing shoes with an arch support? It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I can get custom supports but I can wear my earth shoes or get inserts for my converses until than. I just hope my back and knees recover soon.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Have the same issue. Custom orthotic insoles will help a lot. I was able to WO normally until I got my orthotics. After I got them, I had to take it kind of easy for a few weeks until my feet/knees/hips adapted to the new posture.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just wear your Chuck's during leg days and wear shoes with good foot support the rest of the time. I'm flat-footed and that's what I do.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Do I have to wait until the heels of my feet stop hurting before I can do calf raises again?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Have the same issue. Custom orthotic insoles will help a lot. I was able to WO normally until I got my orthotics. After I got them, I had to take it kind of easy for a few weeks until my feet/knees/hips adapted to the new posture.
Can you do overhead presses fine? I heard the insoles wear out after a while.