P90X or Turbulence Training

CoyoteL32

Awards
Hello everyone! I am new to the boards, and would like to intorduce myself. My name is Adam, I am 34 y/o. Just curious if anyone here had a opinion on wich program they liked better? P90X or TT? I did Body for Life a couple months ago, and am getting ready to start again.... But after some research, i found that alot of people think it is antiquated and there are more streamlined programs now. Do any of you have experience with either one of these, and wich would you recommend? Thanks

drvinnybombat

Awards
In short, neither. P90X is not terrible, but it was hard and gave inferior results to other programs. Do you work out in a gym? Are you training for an event? or weight loss?

Bottom line, if you have access to really any equipment, check out CrossFit (crossfit.com) before any of the other stuff. And if you are in a gym, there are a lot of options beyond that.

purelife1

i personally like p90x...however it is very hard...based of your weight of 243 and doing body for life i would assume you are still a little over weight..i think p90x with extra cardio or extra kempo workouts would do you good...p90x does not make me bigger or more muscular..however it has helped my over all flexabitlity and some strength..it has also gave me some nice seperation and development in my upper body..not to mention i can now do 1 arm push ups plyometric push ups

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
P90x is not for pusses so go with turbulence if you dont think you can handle it.

uncle tony and the kids will whip you into shape.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
P90 is for peeps that have been out of the game for awhile or not in the game at all. Good starting point though,that Plyo is killer along with the ab ripper x

philek9

Awards
I've never tried turbulence but p90x was a fun and challenging workout for me. Tony's a real cool guy. Check out my blog in my sig for my recent photo with him :)

drudixon

Awards
Hello everyone! I am new to the boards, and would like to intorduce myself. My name is Adam, I am 34 y/o. Just curious if anyone here had a opinion on wich program they liked better? P90X or TT? I did Body for Life a couple months ago, and am getting ready to start again.... But after some research, i found that alot of people think it is antiquated and there are more streamlined programs now. Do any of you have experience with either one of these, and wich would you recommend? Thanks
Depends on your goals. P90x is a cutting program that has lifting in it. I lost 14lbs in 2 months following P90x. My bench rep weight dropped by 20lbs during this time also. Just try to align the program with the goals.

ps. p90x diet is hard core. Commit all the way, or not at all.

Last edited:
Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to go with what drudixon said. In short, P90X does what it advertises but always depends on how well you commit to the workouts and dieting. I have no personal experience with it, but I am familiar with it. It's good for dropping %bf, and while there are better methods out there, it is a tried and true method. And to reiterate, if you aren't benching or squatting heavy weight already, then you dont really have anything to lose by doing the P90X (I would only do the DVDs though, and just follow a solid diet plan on your own).