Amount of Cardio Needed while Bulking/Cutting

1. Amount of Cardio Needed while Bulking/Cutting

Does anyone know how much cardio is needed in a "typical" bulking or cutting phase for someone wanting to compete in bodybuilding?

I know this can differ from person to person and from goal to goal but what would be the average? Most info out there just says "do cardio x days for x minutes" but does not specify whether that is for bulking or in what stage of cutting.

2. Or what intensity or what mode or if its interval/steady state, high intensity/low intensity, etc. And what about the individual specificity: resting metabolic rate, thermogenic effect of food, post exercise O2 consumption, nutrient partitioning rates, g-flux, etc.

And you know what else, why the hell is the sky blue?

Br
    •   

3. Well I was mainly interested in the amount of cardio while bulking. Cutting seems to increase the longer a cut continues. I can feel myself getting more out of breath as I get bigger so I need cardio for my heart but without cutting to much into gains.

I have all the time in the world to get whatever cardio is needed done. I just want to do it right.
  4. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by chamulan View Post

I have all the time in the world to get whatever cardio is needed done. I just want to do it right.
    Then you should take all the time you need to get your cardio right for you
    Life is a terminal condition.

She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

5. Bulking you need zero cardio. Cutting youll need atleast some depending on your diet and natural metabolism
    •   

6. In my opinion, you should always stress your cardiorespiratory system for health related reasons. There are too many variables to give a precise answer, but for weightloss it's going to be a function of caloric intake versus expenditure.

7. Agreed.

And even if you have absolutely no concerns about health, a few bouts of high intensity interval training on a weekly basis will maintain a higher concentration of oxidizing enzymes, creating a more positive nutrient partitioning state and making it easier to decrease body fat when the time comes.

br
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. is cardio still needed and diet
    By anthonymassey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 12:38 AM
  2. bulking with cardio
    By Matt6969 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
  3. Replies: 1