back workout question

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
I have been bodybuilding for 4 years now. My question is i lack definition in my back and was wondering how do you get your back shredded? I do all the basic back workouts and I get stronger and bigger but I do not get that defined, deep cut look in my back. Could this be genetics? Any advice on what I could do in terms of reps or movement or any other suggestions?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bottom line is it will come from body fat. If you keep building up the muscle, it'll look shredded enough when the bf% is down low.

Throw up a sample of your back workout(s) with lifts, sets and reps.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
pull ups, chin ups, dumbbell rows, seated rows, deadlift, lat pull downs, good mornings, and these are just the few that come to mind at the moment.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
i ussually do 3 sets each with rep range of 7-15. besides deadlift i do 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As far as looking "shredded" goes and not taking into account the obvious of bodyfat %, I usually work in the 4x12 sets/reps range. For deads, I'll do heavier weight and shoot for 10 reps instead, maybe and then on my last 2 sets or so, go for around 5, but outside of that one lift, everything else is a rep range of 12-15.

You might also want to look into some bodybuilders' routines that have days broken down for back width and back thickness.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
would you you perfer slow movement? For example each rep hold for 3 seconds then repeat?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
would you you perfer slow movement? For example each rep hold for 3 seconds then repeat?
Some do. I mean, it's good to switch things up from time to time, too. I'll be honest and admit that I don't do that all too often - only very rarely. And I'm pretty pleased with the size and definition of my back.