LEGS N CALFS w/o hurtin knees?

T

tyty7777

Awards
Hey i cant ever seem to get a good leg/calf workout. Always looking for something new to do. My only problem is my knees always start to hurt when i do legs even with patella supports on ...any suggestions?

Pound4Pound

Pound4Pound

Awards
I have bad knees too but any pain usually subsides after a few warmup sets. I started a DC routine a couple weeks ago and really like how he says to do calves. You do a normal explosive positive phase, a 5 second negative, then a ~10 second hold in a deep stretch--repeat. This style requires less weight, which may be better on your knee. My calves always seem to lag but so far I really like these.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey i cant ever seem to get a good leg/calf workout. Always looking for something new to do. My only problem is my knees always start to hurt when i do legs even with patella supports on ...any suggestions?
Take fish oil.
10 grams a day.

How old are you?
You stretching?
Warming up?

T

tyty7777

Awards
im only 22 but my knees feel like there 40... I take glucosamine right now but ill definitely look into the fish oil. thanks

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Hows your form when squatting? If you are not doing it right it can be hell on your knees. After that is said if you are using things like leg extension, if you have the pivot point even 1 inch out of alignment with your knee joint, you will have binding and terrible pain....

Assess your form first, 2nd check your rest (not between sets but between days of working them), finally diet/supplements. The odds of you being 22 and just having that piss pore of a diet/supplement regime to cause pain in knees are next to zilch.

T

tyty7777

Awards
i actually stopped doing legs completely and my knees still hurt from just running...and i have bought multiple pairs of shoes.

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
I dont know what your wanting out of your legs but try something none abrasive, swim if you concentrate on leg exercises or biking will build your legs with no impact, meaning no pain

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I suffer knee pain also, atleast i did. Dont run, instead use the bike. The beating on your knees from running is crazy. Try box squats and pistol squats. You might be leaning forward too much while squatting. Try to incorporate your hams more.