Apartment Equipment

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I will be moving down to Southern Illinois for Grad school in about a year and half. I am not a fan of training in commercial gyms unless I have to anymore. What kind of things can I bring in besides: Heavy dumbells, Sandbags, and bands. I plan on putting down matts across the area where I will train. I was debating a keg but I do not know if they would allow me to bring one in. I want to put together a complete set up before I get down there.

CRcatcher06

Awards
Medicine ball is always nice for lower weight functional movements for abs or upper body plyometrics. Some people really like the kettle bells to depending on the type of workouts that you are looking to do.

Turk1976

Awards
Do you have room for a powerrack in one of the rooms?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alot of movements can be done with a sandbag. You should be good especially since it looks like your purpose of training is strongman. Might want to look into some grip equipment and maybe a sled and wheelbarrow for outside. I am a big fan of home made equipment and the odd object lifting. If you ever need any ideas hit me up, I will be more than happy to help you come up with more equipment to make along with some more variety to your exercises :D

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
Blast straps/suspension trainer. Also bands.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Alot of movements can be done with a sandbag. You should be good especially since it looks like your purpose of training is strongman. Might want to look into some grip equipment and maybe a sled and wheelbarrow for outside. I am a big fan of home made equipment and the odd object lifting. If you ever need any ideas hit me up, I will be more than happy to help you come up with more equipment to make along with some more variety to your exercises :D
Yeah, homemade is always cool and cheap :D

And living on a ranch also helps out a lot...
I, for instance, use these for some heavy rolling.. They are between 250-400kgs each.. Pretty sweet..

There's so much one can do.. Just need to use your imagination :)

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Been out for almost 4 months now and have a full set of everything I need and am strong as a house :)