3 day split?

  1. 3 day split?


    Anyone recommend a 3 day split routine?

    What are the benefits and disadvantages?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    Anyone recommend a 3 day split routine?

    What are the benefits and disadvantages?
    Three days splits are fine, especially if you're doing each session as Full-Body - it really depends on what your goals and needs are, as well as your training status and phase of training as to what kind of training split you use, though.

    Re benefits and disadvantages, these are also going to change depending on your goals, needs, training status, and training phase.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Three days splits are fine, especially if you're doing each session as Full-Body - it really depends on what your goals and needs are, as well as your training status and phase of training as to what kind of training split you use, though.

    Re benefits and disadvantages, these are also going to change depending on your goals, needs, training status, and training phase.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    I have been training four years straight and at this point in my the goal is to stay in shape. I'm not looking to get bigger, but want to hold on to what I have. Currently I am on blood pressure medication and just found out my kidneys are not functioning well. I figured a three day split will fit better into my life style and allow me more time for cardiovascular activities. If I can lose some fat that is a plus, and my training will include no supplements due to my kidneys.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    I have been training four years straight and at this point in my the goal is to stay in shape. I'm not looking to get bigger, but want to hold on to what I have. Currently I am on blood pressure medication and just found out my kidneys are not functioning well. I figured a three day split will fit better into my life style and allow me more time for cardiovascular activities. If I can lose some fat that is a plus, and my training will include no supplements due to my kidneys.
    If you just want to maintain, three days of resistance training is fine. Go for either all Full-Body sessions or an Upper/Lower/Full-Body, and stick to using the compound lifts.

    Fat loss will be dependent upon your NUTRITION, so if you want fat loss, then make sure that's set up for it.

    Supplements are not required - just make sure that you ARE using a decent multivitamin, though, and get all of your good fats, protein, and BCAAs from your food.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  5. Bigger than I've ever been with this 3-day split:

    Monday - Chest and Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders and Arms

    I stopped doing abs completely while trying to grow.

  6. Definitely look into DC training if you want to lift 3x a week
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot

  7. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to UnrealMachine again.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MEPSE View Post
    Bigger than I've ever been with this 3-day split:

    Monday - Chest and Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders and Arms

    I stopped doing abs completely while trying to grow.
    This sounds like a good option. Are you supersetting the chest and back exercises?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    Definitely look into DC training if you want to lift 3x a week
    agreed. although if you dont like dc you can try one of my favs. 3 day push pull set up as week 1- mon-wed-fri- push-pull-push then week 2- pull-push-pull and so on

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    This sounds like a good option. Are you supersetting the chest and back exercises?
    I haven't been suppersetting, but I may soon since it works well for back/chest and biceps/triceps (on Friday). I really like this workout, and I keep it in this order to keep the back/chest and shoulders/arms separated as much as possible.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How's This split ?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
  2. 2-Day Split
    By ianm4208 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
  3. 3day split to 4day split for fat loss?
    By SamuraiSid in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
  4. 5 day split too much?
    By bull8t in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 03:26 AM
  5. How would you split it up?
    By hamper19 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Log in
Log in