I HATE setting up to deadlift.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I dont really get the question. Why are you lifting? Its like the pansies at the gym that dont rerack their dbs. If you are lifting to get stronger, then why wouldn't you take pride in your ability to lift the weights and carry them back and forth. If your strong enough to rep a weight in any exercize with good form, then your strong enough to put the weights away. Do you bitch about not getting a close enough parking space? You are there to forge your body REMEMBER THAT

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I didn't say I didn't want to lift heavy. I don't want to scrape the plates across a concrete floor.
    If your worried about the concrete, thats a different story. You will want to put down some sort of matting or cheap carpeting. Concrete ruins weights. Its not the scrapping, its the moisture that oxidizes weights very quickly, as anyone who has stored weights on a concrete floor can tell you.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bkoguy07 View Post
    You're complainin about 220?

quit your bitchin
    everyone starts somewhere dude, give em a break
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I didn't say I didn't want to lift heavy. I don't want to scrape the plates across a concrete floor.
    Go to a local feed store and buy horse stall mats. They are realitively cheap when compared to other mats and they are heavy duty enough to drop plates onto. For the load and unloading I usually just put a 45 on first and set the bar onto the floor and then add on 35s and 25s.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

4. workout with a partner. one guy lifts the bar on one side, other guy pulls 45s off easily and quickly. switch position for the other side. How me and my buddy deadlift. I understand this, because I dead lift 90 lbs more than my buddy so we are constatly changing weight so we both get our sets in together. and everyones right, enjoy moving the weight. if it helps add it to your workout

Carry weights:
    - carried 25 pound dumbells back to rack after curls
    - pulled and racked 4 45s after deads
    - put shake weight in car after 15 minutes

Im completely kidding about alll that^

5. [QUOTE=CountryLiftin;2672752]workout with a partner. one guy lifts the bar on one side, other guy pulls 45s off easily and quickly. switch position for the other side. How me and my buddy deadlift. I understand this, because I dead lift 90 lbs more than my buddy so we are constatly changing weight so we both get our sets in together. and everyones right, enjoy moving the weight. if it helps add it to your workout

Carry weights:
    - carried 25 pound dumbells back to rack after curls
    - pulled and racked 4 45s after deads
    - put shake weight in car after 15 minutes

Im completely kidding about alll that^[/QUOTE

WOW!
    •   

6. http://www.westcarybarbell.com/index...mcp0vvn5l6dnh3

I had something similar at my previous gym. Ours worked great.

7. The purpose of you saying
    WOW!
    was.... or are you too dense to get the joke? im not sure wtf your wowing about.

Anyways, I did the 5 pound plates thing the other day when I deadlifted by myself and, it was actually awesome... great tip! haha.

8. My gym has one of these
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...****295&p****197

But because the deadlift bar has so much whip and the amount of weight I put on it the weight ends up on being on the ground anyway lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. O/T need help changing a setting on here!
    By criticalbench in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 03:09 AM
  2. Setting up PCT
    By Vallos in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. need help setting a goal
    By MGSDP in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Setting Things right!!!