Wrist curls with wrist tendinitis - AnabolicMinds.com

Wrist curls with wrist tendinitis

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Wrist curls with wrist tendinitis

I've been having wrist tendinitis for months since I was back squatting wrong. Since I stopped back squatting the pain is less but still there. Is it okay to do wrist curls while having wrist tendinitis? I'm already doing hammer curls, but I lack forearm development.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  281 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I've been having wrist tendinitis for months since I was back squatting wrong. Since I stopped back squatting the pain is less but still there. Is it okay to do wrist curls while having wrist tendinitis? I'm already doing hammer curls, but I lack forearm development.
    I would substitute in Farmer Walks, they're much easier on the wrists.
    PrimeNutrition.com > 20% Off Coupon Code = theneck
    BlackStoneLabs.co/ >
    10% Off Coupon Code = theneck
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

All you will do is continue to delay healing, and you won't see significant forearm growth anyhow as you won't be working them heavy anyhow.

What do you do for back work?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    All you will do is continue to delay healing, and you won't see significant forearm growth anyhow as you won't be working them heavy anyhow.

What do you do for back work?
    Here's my whole current schedule

Set 1 - Back and Bis
    Barbell Row
    Deadlift
    EZ Bar curls (wide grip easier on forearms might alternate with narrow grip with less weight)
    Hammer curls

Set 2 - Chest and Tris

Bench
    Inclined DB press
    Inclined DB flyes
    Db Lying Triceps Extension
    close grip bench

Set 3 - Legs

front squat
    Stiff leg deadlift
    calf raises
    Leg Raises

Set 4 - Shoulders
    Db Shoulder Press
    lateral raises
    rear delt flys
    bb shrugs
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think i'd just stick with that, or maybe try the farmers walk. Realistically, you will get some forearm growth from the deadlifts and rows, so straining your wrists more to try and get growth really will be counterproductive. Let it heal, then if you want to add some do it then. Personally i've never done any wrist or direct forearm work, mine aren't huge (11.5-12inch) but look good and are proportional with bicep growth
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I think i'd just stick with that, or maybe try the farmers walk. Realistically, you will get some forearm growth from the deadlifts and rows, so straining your wrists more to try and get growth really will be counterproductive. Let it heal, then if you want to add some do it then. Personally i've never done any wrist or direct forearm work, mine aren't huge (11.5-12inch) but look good and are proportional with bicep growth
    Do you think my wrist will completely heal? I've been having pain on and off for about 4 months, but I've been doing things to prevent them from healing until recently.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

From the point where you stop doing things to irritate it, its at least 2 weeks, and even as long as 6 for it to heal, especially if you aren't using anti-inflammatories.
    This space for rent

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

From the point where you stop doing things to irritate it, its at least 2 weeks, and even as long as 6 for it to heal, especially if you aren't using anti-inflammatories.
    I'll take fish oil everyday and I take Ibuprofen on and off. I don't like taking it all the time because I'll start to have bad stomach pain if I take it say more than 5 days in a row. I'm thinking about getting some cissus next month when I get some money.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Maybe try alleve the naproxem sodium? But it definitely takes some time, for me last time it was around 3 weeks with high doses of anti-inflammatories.
    This space for rent

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Maybe try alleve the naproxem sodium? But it definitely takes some time, for me last time it was around 3 weeks with high doses of anti-inflammatories.
    Thanks, I'll look into that. My neck is almost finally healed and that's been hurt for like 6 months, now my wrists and shoulder just need to heal and I'll be good to go.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. preacher curls and wrist/forearm pain?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
  2. tendinitis in wrist
    By srx600 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 01:58 PM
  3. Need help with my wrist
    By surfnskate98 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
  4. wrist pain limiting one's poundage on curls