Starting first 5x5 program prior to cycle

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Starting first 5x5 program prior to cycle

24 Y/O male 5'10 ~163 lbs. I have always gone the gym 5 days a week with different muscle groups every day. For example; Monday would be chest, Tuesday back, Wednesday Tri, Thursday Bi, Friday legs. I've done this for about a year and a half just kind of ****ing around in the gym and while I have gotten alot stronger from when I started and have noticed improvement, I have not gained like some of the people in the picture section of this site.

This makes me think I need to change to a 5x5 compound exercise program. I was thinking of following this program ( bodybuilding dot com/fun/wotw56.htm ). After I have gotten used to the motions and exercises (probably 2 weeks into it) I will begin my H-drol cycle. (already have 2 bottles of h-drol, PCT assist, Cycle assist, supress-c, inhibit-e ) .

Does this sound like a good idea? Any suggestions on other training programs? The only thing that has me a bit worried is the lack of certain exercies, like chest for example. Only weighted chest dips on Tuesday and incline bench on Friday...

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

you asked so im assuming u want honesty from us. honestly, this sounds like a terrible idea. at 163, u gain make gains NATURALLY. and if uve been on the same workout routine for over a year, that is a HUGE problem. and btw, your PCT is crap also. u need nolva or something like that. anyways, how much are u eating a day? i promise you this. lets say u gain 8 pounds on Hdrol. you would be up to 171. the way you are eating right now, u prob are only eating enough to sustain your 163. (correct me if im wrong though). if u get up to 171, and still eating like 163, very quickly will u go back down to 160s. its not worth it unless u are an experienced lifter and you truly know how to eat and train

but to answer your question, this is what i would do.

Mon - Shoulders/traps
    Tues - Legs (squats, deads, leg press, leg extension)
    Wed - OFF
    Thursday - Chest/tris
    Friday - Back/Bis (with deadlifts)
    weekend OFF

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting Dr. Stoppani 12 Week Program Today
    By JoeShtMarine in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:14 PM
  2. Should I consider DIM and zince BEFORE starting any program?
    By anyman in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
  3. Starting Bobos Muscle Building Program...
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 08:37 PM