Where to Begin

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  102 lbs.

Where to Begin

Well, i have been looking around for some methods to building Bicep muscles, And from what i have gotten is the basic

• Pull up's
    • Push Up's
    • Barbell Curls

So, What is the QUICKEST way to get Bicep's

(This is just going in, no muscle really at all while starting)

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

whats up bro. i live in league city so like 30 min from you! ha. anyways, your stats say 5ft. 2, 102. are those stats true? how old are you? just gettin some basic info so i can respond accordingly.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

nevermind, just read ur pro. so ur 15. do u only want big biceps or do u want to get bigger in general?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  102 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    whats up bro. i live in league city so like 30 min from you! ha. anyways, your stats say 5ft. 2, 102. are those stats true? how old are you? just gettin some basic info so i can respond accordingly.
    I'm 16 now, im 106lbs now, 5ft 3, and i just want bigger arm's, bigger in general doesn't really get to me that much, but the arms is what appeals right now, I'm really strong, but i have no muscle.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

if i get jacked arms, u will look dumb with a 106 pound frame. im gonna give u a basic workout routine for you then an arm routine to do if thats what u want. squats and deadlifts are gonna get ur arms big as well because they release a large amount of testosterone which is the male hormone that builds muscle (basically).

This program is called the 5x5 program modified for you. Google for more info. you do 5 sets of 5 reps

Monday - flat bench, squat, Deadlifts, close grip bench

Wednesday - Incline Bench, leg press (if u arent sore), Barbell Curl

Friday - Flat bench, Deadlifts, Squat, Row

Arm Routine - 3 sets, reps 8 to 12
    Biceps - EZ Bar Curl, DB Curl, DB incline curl, preacher curl, pull ups
    Triceps - close bench, rope pull down, over head DB extension, skull crusher ...etc

i HIGHLY recommend not only doing an arm routine. if u want something different then the 5x5 lemme know.

also, if u want something bigger, u gotta have diet in check. u cant just workout. ur muscles will just get leaner, not more massive
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chris View Post
    Well, i have been looking around for some methods to building Bicep muscles, And from what i have gotten is the basic

• Pull up's
    • Push Up's
    • Barbell Curls

So, What is the QUICKEST way to get Bicep's

(This is just going in, no muscle really at all while starting)
    You want to build up your arms, then you'd best be doing the big compounds like squats and deadlifts!

I recommend reading How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation so that you actually learn and understand how growth occurs and what needs to be done to elicit it.

However, training alone is NOT going to get you muscle growth - if you're not eating for it, then it won't happen, period, so also read Macronutrient Composition for Optimal Muscle Growth to get an idea of what you need re nutrition for gaining muscle mass.

I'm 16 now, im 106lbs now, 5ft 3, and i just want bigger arm's, bigger in general doesn't really get to me that much, but the arms is what appeals right now, I'm really strong, but i have no muscle.
    So you just want to be one of those boys who goes to the gym and trains his arms? Not the smartest idea - as has been mentioned before, getting big arms is NOT going to happen withOUT doing your LOWER BODY and the main compound lifts; and if you were to just build up your arms, then you would look very OUT of proportion, much like some of the guys I see with just big chests and arms and nothing else, who look all wrong. if you "have no muscle", the start BUILDING it, period! And if you want muscle, you have to EAT AND TRAIN for it!

I highly recommend getting yourself a trainer who is going to design the best possible COMPLETE nutrition plan and training programme for you.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  102 lbs.

Considering im not 18 yet, and i don't make my own meal choice's how would i go about getting on a diet that my guardians want to go on?
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

my cousin is 15 and hes 6ft 1, 220 because he doesnt eat what his parents eat. he makes his own meals all day, everyday and trains with me.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  102 lbs.

Seems like a plan, will start doing it immediatly, although benching i can't really do considering all i have is the bar, and no bench, either way, no gem membership it's all at home. anything u can think of to replace benching?
  10. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Considering im not 18 yet, and i don't make my own meal choice's how would i go about getting on a diet that my guardians want to go on?
    You have to FIRST get a diet plan specific for you. Then let your parents know what food/s you need to have, and if they won't get you what you need, then get a job and start buying your own food. Learn how to cook and start making your OWN meals - you're old enough to do it. There's really no excuses for not achieving what you want re body goals.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Seems like a plan, will start doing it immediatly, although benching i can't really do considering all i have is the bar, and no bench, either way, no gem membership it's all at home. anything u can think of to replace benching?
    military presses, various formations of push ups, floor presses with the bar but u shouldnt do this without a spotter. u cant workout at ur highschool?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  102 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    military presses, various formations of push ups, floor presses with the bar but u shouldnt do this without a spotter. u cant workout at ur highschool?
    Nop, the weight room is strictly for Football players, and Baseball on thursdays.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

can ur parents afford a gym membership? u can go to the 24 hour in friendswood unless theres a gym in alvin. i think u can get a membership at alvin community college off mustang road across from the mcdonalds. try that. i could be wrong tho
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Where to begin???
    By mlp49 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 08:07 AM
  2. Let the fun begin!!!
    By nosnmiveins in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. where to begin??
    By bubbaw in forum MMA