Get Me Army Ready

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. I think you should get to know the basics of land nav with a map and compus. Go to Airborne school and gett your wings akso...you WILL need your wings for SFAS. I would say that being mentally fit is the biggest challenge for all...thats what they look for in people is someone that can operate at an elite level while faced with sleep deprevation, food deprivation and an ungodly amount of pressure. Alot of people dont fail...they quit themselves. There are also a number of classes you will be required to take so i suggest finding those out and brush up to get a leg up!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I think you should get to know the basics of land nav with a map and compus. Go to Airborne school and gett your wings akso...you WILL need your wings for SFAS. I would say that being mentally fit is the biggest challenge for all...thats what they look for in people is someone that can operate at an elite level while faced with sleep deprevation, food deprivation and an ungodly amount of pressure. Alot of people dont fail...they quit themselves. There are also a number of classes you will be required to take so i suggest finding those out and brush up to get a leg up!
    There's no way i have figured that can prepare anyone for the mental training the military does. You either are the kind of person that will make it, or you're not.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    There's no way i have figured that can prepare anyone for the mental training the military does. You either are the kind of person that will make it, or you're not.
    Spend time under a traditional martial arts instructor lol.. (though you will find less than a 100 in America)
    ACSM-CPT

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    There's no way i have figured that can prepare anyone for the mental training the military does. You either are the kind of person that will make it, or you're not.
    Exactly!! and only the person going into the training can determine that. You will get pushed beyond what you thought was humanly possible and then some. You have to be honest with yourself as to if you really have what it takes or else your wasteing your time. I had the pleasure of working with a few SF guys while in Iraq and they say thats the biggest challenge of them all...many candidates cant hack it mentaly.

  5. im doing four years of rotc in college which is going to start next school year so im going to learn all the fundamentals(nav, map, compus etc) and im going to do the ranger club rifle club for the extra learning. i know that the mental stress is going to be the hardest part and i believe i will be able to do this because im not going into SF because its cool im doing this for me as a personal test to be the best and to serve my country. but any ways should i keep my 3day lifting 3day cardio 1day off plan or should i have more cardio less lifting or visa versa? but its back to class thanks for the advicce
    •   
       


  6. hows the training coming along?

  7. thats what i do now and in order to get 300 on the PT test i have to be able to do
    100 pushups in 2min - me 75
    100 situps in 2min - me over 100
    2 mile run 12 min - me 17:30(took 4 months off cardio for bulk was at a 6min mile)
    3 pull ups - me 20(want to be able to do 30

    ------------------------------

    This is not correct.

    Male Ages 17-21

    for a 300 on the APFT:

    71 Pushups
    78 Situps
    13:00 2 mile run.

    There are no pullups on the APFT.

    If you want to be SF you need to be able to run a lot, and ruck march a lot. Don't even worry about pushups or situps, those will go up if you are rucking and running.

    IIRC there is a timed 6 mile run in Selection, then you run a PT test like an hour later.

    FYI you will never have to do 100 of anything to get a 300 on the APFT.

    And it might be damn near impossible to do 100 situps in 2 minutes anyway...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    thats what i do now and in order to get 300 on the PT test i have to be able to do
    100 pushups in 2min - me 75
    100 situps in 2min - me over 100
    2 mile run 12 min - me 17:30(took 4 months off cardio for bulk was at a 6min mile)
    3 pull ups - me 20(want to be able to do 30

    ------------------------------

    This is not correct.

    Male Ages 17-21

    for a 300 on the APFT:

    71 Pushups
    78 Situps
    13:00 2 mile run.

    There are no pullups on the APFT.

    If you want to be SF you need to be able to run a lot, and ruck march a lot. Don't even worry about pushups or situps, those will go up if you are rucking and running.

    IIRC there is a timed 6 mile run in Selection, then you run a PT test like an hour later.

    FYI you will never have to do 100 of anything to get a 300 on the APFT.

    And it might be damn near impossible to do 100 situps in 2 minutes anyway...
    aye a 100 for press ups and sit ups seemed like a lot lol

  9. If you are trying to just max the APFT just do each day 5 sets 50 pushups, 50 crunches in the morning and the same at night mon-fri. As for running the 2 mile; jog mon, wed, fri 4 miles each and ride a bike tue, thu at least 10 miles each. This will make you easily max the APFT in 2 months. I know this because I got a bunch of fatasses to do this and they maxed the APFT in 2 months.
    As for Selection; Ruck Tue, Thu, Sat 6-12 miles vary it with 45-75lb ruck. At the end of the ruck course do 5 sets of 10 ruck squats. This is what my buddy did to pass selection. You also got to be good at land nav and have some heart. Because you will be getting destroyed physically and mentally.
    Other than that Army PT is easy to pass. The only bad thing about it is they still do the 19th century tape test that is garbage and Ive seen some big guys fail that even though they are just muscular.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Who's in the regular army
    By Batman1991 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
  2. I just joined the Army...
    By Ession in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. to all you people in the ARMY
    By suncloud in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 02:38 PM
  4. Army stack
    By jfear in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
  5. army reserves?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Log in
Log in