Arms...

DB21

DB21

Awards
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew an arm routine that would blow my arms up. I'm looking to get bigger arms. My arms have been stuck at 14' for the past two months and have not grown, but they have gotten stronger. If anyone could help, it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks guys.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
are you eating for growth?

That's where growth comes from...nutrition.

As far as movements, I've found that heavy complex movements have had the most impact on arms.

Heavy rows, chin ups, etc for bi's
Close grip bench, dips, skullcrushers, and reverse grip bench for tri's

DB21

DB21

Awards
Yes, I try to get as much protein as I can every day. I eat a lot. But my arms just have not grown lately.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I try to get as much protein as I can every day. I eat a lot. But my arms just have not grown lately.
can you be specific?

Do you track calories/macronutrients?

I say this because I've talked to a lot of people who say their eating "alot" and then they count their cals and its something like 2,500

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This makes me lean towards not enough calories everyday.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
are you eating for growth?

That's where growth comes from...nutrition.

As far as movements, I've found that heavy complex movements have had the most impact on arms.

Heavy rows, chin ups, etc for bi's
Close grip bench, dips, skullcrushers, and reverse grip bench for tri's
Heavy compound movements are the key!!:cheers:

The best thing you can to achieve some decent size pipes is "HEAVY" Deads. You'll get more arm growth out of heavy deads than you will with a bunch of bicep iso exercises.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Mix it up,.. I tried higher reps with some good results!!!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Charles Poliquin has a couple of fantastic arm training books out.

He is the guy I blame for having to take a break from arms while the rest of my body caught up, true story.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
x2 for higher reps
When your doing heavy rows/deads and back moves, your bis get your heavy work, I usually cap off my bi's with 12 rep low rest curls or other iso moves using little rest, really need to feel the burn. Also try doing machine preacher curls, or concentration curls that iso the bicep and take the forearm and should out of the move.

sharperunner

Awards
I'll second the deadlifts. I'll add pullups (weighted if possible), dips and skullcrushers to the list as well. Honestly, compound movements in general have added more size to my arms than any specified arm workout. And by all means, don't neglect the pursuit of cannonball delts. Ladies love the delts, just saying.

As for the low/high rep debate, I've yet to find that either one has been better or worse for me.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew an arm routine that would blow my arms up. I'm looking to get bigger arms. My arms have been stuck at 14' for the past two months and have not grown, but they have gotten stronger. If anyone could help, it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks guys.
If you want your arms to grow, then you should be doing the compound lifts - squats and deadlifts are the most important - with less focus on "arm" exercises (except maybe barbell bicep curls).

Seriously, the ONE time my arms have grown was when I was doing three full-body sessions a week of the compounds ONLY, at 4-5 x 5-8 rep sets and 30-45 seconds recovery between sets, and my sessions were only 15-20 minutes long!

You can get in enough protein and if you're not eating ENOUGH calories, then it won't matter and you won't grow, period. As Ryan pointed out, seems to me you aren't eating enough (and trust me, when people say "I eat a lot" or "my diet is clean", more often than not when they break it down, their nutrition is nothing like what they claim), or you're not training the right way for muscle growth.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I trained under Larry Scott years ago. Larry is well known for his massive arms. He gave me a routine that works everytime. Train your arms, or any other weak body part that you want to grow, three times/week. Start with heavy partials and finish with light high rep exercise. Go for the biggest pump you can get. Irregardless of what you are told you won't grow without a good pump. Work your arms first and then other body parts. Do this for 4-6 weeks and see what happens.