Time off to lift

drewsky90

Awards
this is kind of a bulk question also.. but i was wondering olympic excerises are benefical for my sport right now.. and can be done more often than wieght lifting.. combining with some days in my week forearms/core/cardio will highcalorie 4000 protien/carb/lots fats and a day of rest

M - olympic lifts* throw day
T - forearms/core/cardio
w - O.L* throw day
Th - F/C/C
F=W
Sat=Th
Sun= offday

ill have supplements such as vitamins, scivation and whey products.. as well as eating clean and lots of it :banana: but overall im def not sure about adquete rest or much on the bulk either..

one love, thanks in advance

just came to mind recently thought its best to ask people who actually know whats up

drewsky90

Awards
also i hate to throw in an example of a workout with the name "miracle" but biology brings some helpful knowledge in this PDF

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Don't know how serious you are but if this is something you're banking on for college or more, you should pick up ultimate off season training manual by Eric Cressey, along with his overhead performance program and his new show and go training. He is the expert on training baseball players. Nobody on these forums can give you any advice that would come close to any of ECs recommendations. If you search around on some torrents I know you can find the overhead performance one I'm not sure about the others. Regardless, they're great investments.

drewsky90

Awards
actually currently taking time off of university and flying to new england for training, but i have yet to hear of this guy ill look it up thanks

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
M - olympic lifts* throw day
T - forearms/core/cardio
w - O.L* throw day
Th - F/C/C
F=W
Sat=Th
Sun= offday
Ok, i'm not sure what W is, and really don't know which olympic lifts you are talking about, but it sounds sort of like you are doing full body 3x a week basically. That works for some people, not so well for others. Its more about how much intensity you can manage to generate each of those days and still be recovered by 2 days later. Without intensity, its not as valuable.

drewsky90

Awards
i need to do more research on the specific lifts, but leg/core/hip heavy orientated with light upper body, so i suppose yes full body 3x

lol sorry, W = wednesday.. i suppose with a 4k CAL intake and critical timing rest i probably could put on mass anyway?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I meant not sure what the w in F=W meant, was guessing "weights"

But yes, thats a good starter program to add mass.