The Road To Greatness

War Machine

War Machine

Awards
What's up fellas? I saw this as a perfect oppurtunity to do a journey on here. All my friends are gone to college and my brothers are threw with the gym.... So I saw this as a perfect oppurtunity to really work my ass off to achieve my goals with absolutely no distractions. I figured that everyone on here would be all the support I need to succeed. Here's a little background info on me.

Height: 6'1
Weight: 190 lbs.
Goals: + 10lbs. Also increase my strength.

Alright fella's lets get a little more informal my real name is Dan so go right ahead and call me that. I am 19 years old. I have been working out for about 3 years for sports.My sports days are behind me.I have decided that I really want to focus on lifting because... well I guess I am addicted to it. I enjoy every moment in the gym(especially leg days when you feel like your going to puke) Here's what my routine looks like.

Monday: Chest/Tri's/Front Felt
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Back/Bi's/Rear Delts
Thursday: Off
Friday: Chest/Tri's/Front Delts
Saturday:Legs
Sunday:Back/Bi's/Rear Delts

Rep range I am looking to go for muscle failure at 8 reps. 3 Sets for each workout I usually do 3 movements for each bodypart.

Stack Looks like this:

ON Whey Protein
Xtend
Poseidon
Creapure
Fish Oil 1,000mg
ON Men's Multi Vit

Protein wise im thinking this: Universal Milk & Egg and also Universal hard fast( Hard to get a clean meal at college)

If you have any suggestions or criticism don't hesitate to speak up. Like I said I'm in this journey alone and am looking for all the help I can get.

War Machine

War Machine

Awards
Alright so while sitting in my Nutrition class I got to thinking what Monday's workout is going to look like... and this is what I came up with....

Chest:

Dumbbell Bench Press
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Flyes

Tri's:

Weighted Dips
Cable Pushdowns
Rope Pulldowns

Front Delts:

Military Press
Front Lateral Raises
Side Lateral Raises.............

Tuesdays:

Squats
Lunges
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises

Wednesday:

Back:

Deadlift
Goodmornings
Lat Pulldowns
Cable Rows
Heavy DB Rows

Bi's:

Negatives
Heavy BB Curl
Preacher Curl

Rear Delt:

Bent Over Rear Delt
Scapula Pull
Shrugs

Any comments

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Basic,.. but beautiful in it's simplicity!
The only things I would suggest at this point is an exercise for upper chest, and instead of pulldowns, do pull-ups for back!!
You didn't mention how long you would like to take to hit the 10 pounds,.. but at this stage of the game for you, at your age, that is obtainable. Good luck, and kick some arse!!!

War Machine

War Machine

Awards
Basic,.. but beautiful in it's simplicity!
The only things I would suggest at this point is an exercise for upper chest, and instead of pulldowns, do pull-ups for back!!
You didn't mention how long you would like to take to hit the 10 pounds,.. but at this stage of the game for you, at your age, that is obtainable. Good luck, and kick some arse!!!
Thank you Bonscott. Pull-Ups is deff a good Idea and I will be looking to do them. As far as Upper chest I will be doing Incline DB press just not the first week. i wanted to make sure not to include my front delt in any chest movement to ensure my shoulders are 100% for Military press. I will be changing my workout every week to constantly keep my body guessing.

As far as my goal I had not really thought about how long I want it to take for me to get there. I guess ultimately I would like it to be as soon as possible but I know that it can take a while. So I will be setting my goal for Thanksgiving time. I believe that if I crack down and don't slip up at all that that is doable.